Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My GPU Usage Randomly Drops to 0% while gaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AntCil View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntCil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My GPU Usage Randomly Drops to 0% while gaming
    Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:13pm
I recently purchased this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=83-230-273 in January, and I noticed that the game I was playing would occasionally freeze, I just assumed it was the game's fault, however, as I played more games, I noticed the freezing would occur on all of them, so I eventually downloaded MSI Afterburner and RTSS to track my GPU and CPU usage. I then noticed that during the freezes, the GPU usage would drop to 0%. I have done some searching around on other forums and I couldn't find anything that would fix it, I may end up just sending my GPU back to Cyberpower.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 4:55am
Since you bought this off the shelf system the membership will never suggest this. Often the PSU is the "standard" which has a high failure rate, will provided uneven power (ripples) which is hard long term on components and have been known to fry systems. If you have one I suggest you get it out of your system. A Coolmaster, Corsair, EVGA, Thermaltake, XFX are decent brands.

It can be common the GPU drivers can cause issues like this. Verify the newest GPU drivers are installed. If this doesn't work.

I would download Memtest and run it at least 5 passes to verify there are no problems with the RAM. >>> http://www.memtest.org/

If you have no errors move on and try these. They report if you have any driver issues. Which can be common for these types of issues. >>> http://https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74712/how-to-find-bsod-error-messages/

If neither of these doesn't help
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

AntCil View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntCil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 12:56pm
Thank you! I ordered and installed a new psu on Sunday, and since then, I have had no freezes at all. I appreciate your help.
nicogialluca View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicogialluca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 12:07am
 check to see if you even got the correct gpu  you paid for! they have been selling Amazon fraudulent systems with GPUs that are inferior to what they say is in the system. I hear many reports of switchouts by direct buyers from Cyberpowerpc as well as reports that they are giving the customers what they pay for so it may have happened to your build or may not. With so many reports of  this, any reputable company that receives these complaints would enact an extra level of verification before the system leaves the build site (especially with such an expensive component). Just think, how often have you waited ridiculous amounts of time to just receive technical support for a simple question just to be rushed off the phone? how many reports of users not getting their "registration gift" or their "review gift" not working? If you can justify saving a few hundred dollars while possibly jeopardizing the stability and future operability of your rig for the small (in comparison) wholesale discount on parts, then that's your decision. Personally, I do not do business with, nor do I allow an opportunity for "correction" with companies who knowingly defraud their consumers. The superior customer support directly from the manufacturer is well worth (to me) sacrificing a couple of hundred dollars on my investment in a high quality system that I use day in and day out.
yrly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yrly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 12:34am
If you direct order from here and select Rush they do do parts substitution which is why it really isn’t recommended.

Honestly I found them pretty decent for the few issues I had. They were quick to respond each time.

As far as the off the shelf systems they never directly specify the brands of what you get because it’s likely whatever they can get in quantity.

They do cut some corners. I know they’re using 3 different vendors for “standard” PSUs, but they’re not all of the same performance level. If you buy a prebuilt it likely comes with one. Do you get the ok one? It’s anyone’s guess. I did and I didn’t need a PSU. Some here didn’t.

Their cheap standard fans if you want them are junk. I wouldn’t be surprised if many prebuilts just have these with an LED ring. They’re making the computer to the big retailer’s price point.

If you buy direct you can spare no expense and have them do it as you wanted. I ordered here to cut corners on parts I already had to bring myself down to an otherwise impossible to achieve price point.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:08am
You guys realize your commenting on a thread over a month old.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic