FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My first real rig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yzyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yzyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first real rig
    Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 8:30am
Now, to start, this is my first gaming rig. I have always played on laptops (Toshiba, Alienware, MacBook Pro) and they have been alright. But, the more and more I saw PCs from Cyberpower, it only made me thirst for more. With some creative financing, I finally decided to make the move. I used the Zues Evo Thunder 2000 Base and made a few upgrades from there. I no genius with a limited budget. Don't knock me too hard. I am likely to add more upgrades later on. On with the show...  

PS: Forgive my tiny desk thing. It was built into the apartment and was fine for my laptop. I had no idea this rig would be this size. I have since bought a desk and has been moved. I was just too antsy to boot it up.

Box arrive. Not in horrible shape but meh..

This is when I got worried.

Yikes.

Ok, not bad.

Spotless. No dents. No scratches.

We give it life.

All fans are operational.

The innards. Cabling was not great. I'll be working on that later.

Just a few more pics.

Sorry if the pics were blurry, used my phone. I went with the white case to be a bit different. Turned out ok. I think I would of liked it more with the LED fans being blue. Don't know how I missed that option.

Overall, my first experience was great. Besides the box condition scare, the system was flawless. Everything worked right out of the box. Performance is incredible. Only thing that bugged me was that both monitors that I ordered only came with VGA/DVI ports but only shipped with VGA cables. My graphics card had DVI/DP/HDMI ports. Due to this, I had to ghetto rig my monitors until I was able to run to the store to grab DVI cables the next day. Those are now in place and my FPS is through the roof. I have ran Prime95 blends overnight with no issues and Furmark stress tests. Playing games on this thing is a whole new world. I don't know how I ever thought it was ok to play on the lowest settings and still have minor frame rate issues. It is almost like playing for the first time again. Being able to see the details, lighting, shadows, and special effects bring it all to life. Anyways, enough rambling. Enjoy the pics. If you have suggestions for upgrades, don't be afraid to drop a post. I do plan on grabbing an SSD asap. Sadly, not in the budget at the time of purchase.

Edited by Yzyz - 17 Aug 2013 at 8:32am
Yzyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yzyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 8:31am
  • *BASE_PRICE: [+1110]
  • BLUETOOTH: None
  • CAS: CFI Boreallight Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ 1x 140 & 2x 120mm Fans, Front USB 3.0, HDD Easy Swap Bays & Side-Panel Window (White Color [+0])
  • CASUPGRADE: 12in Cold Cathode Neon Light [+10] (Blue Color)
  • CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [-25] (BLACK COLOR)
  • CD2: None
  • COOLANT: Standard Coolant
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified) [+106]
  • CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
  • FLASHMEDIA: None
  • FREEBIE_VC: None
  • FREEBIE_VC2: None
  • GLASSES: None
  • HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-23] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • IEEE_CARD: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD1: Razer Arctosa Black Edition USB Wired Gaming Keyboard [+34]
  • MB_SRT: None
  • MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [-59] (Corsair Vengeance [+16])
  • MONITOR: 19" Widescreen 1366x768 Sceptre X195W-NAGA 5ms TFT Active Matrix LCD Display LCD (Black Color) [+125]
  • MONITOR2: 19" Widescreen 1366x768 Sceptre X195W-NAGA 5ms TFT Active Matrix LCD Display LCD (Black Color) [+125]
  • MONITOR3: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE Z87X-D3H Intel Z87 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable 5 Plus, On/Off Charge 2, 7.1 HD Audio, Intel GbLAN, 3x PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 3 PCIe x1 & 1 PCI (Extreme OC Certified) [+40]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+0] (64-bit Edition)
  • OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more)
  • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Corsair CX600 600W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply [+9]
  • RESERVOIR: None
  • RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
  • SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • TABLET: None
  • TEMP: None
  • TUNING: None
  • TVRC: None
  • USB: None
  • USBFLASH: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
    PanicRev View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanicRev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 1:48pm
    Good looking rig you have there. I didn't have the guts to order an all white case but I have got to admit that it looks really sharp all loaded up with overclocked goodness.
    GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 5:27am
    Lookin good.

I am a little surprised about the cabling though. CP usually does a better job, usually don't suggest the pro wiring, may have to start. Things may have looked better if you had a modular PSU

My son is getting ready to order a new system in a week or so, he is also considering a white case, tired of black ones and dust.

Game on!!
    Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 1:01pm
    Thank you for sharing the photos and experience!

From screen shot on monitor I see you are a fellow WOWer!  Enjoy your PC!  /cheer  /salute
    Regards, Cyber_Tech2
    Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
    Email:[email protected]
    Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
    PGrimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PGrimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:27am
    Was scared to get this case as well, and the black model showed red led light.. where i wanted blue :0)  but  i have to admit, this  looks nice :) 
    i went ahead and just took the corsair 400 they have...  will do a case mod on it to get my see thru :)    Thats one thing I'd change if i were them,  i get more good cases with side windows..    Anyways  your looks cool as heck man,  congrats   !!  Keep us posted on how it works :)
    sarah_9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarah_9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 2:07pm
    Congratulations buddy :)
    Enjoy gaming !!
    Toci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 10:12pm

Nice rig... how you like it so far?

Edited by Toci - 22 Oct 2013 at 10:13pm
    Mopar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 11:53pm
    Love that case in white. Looks real good.
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic