FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Buying Experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiveralex View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiveralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Buying Experience
    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 10:47am
Wanted to share my buying experience with CyberPowerPC:

The computer came in about 12 days after order and I pulled it out of the box and booted up. Fans were making odd noises so I turned off and went in and tightened screws that were loose.... Then checked everything else and noticed that not only were fans loose so was the graphics card. I have had PC's in the past from Alienware and have never had one come so poorly built as the one from CyberPower. After all of that I finally was able to turn it on. I paid $1500 for this computer but noticed they did cheap out in multiple areas besides CPU and GPU... the 16GB of RAM that was installed by them was a very cheap brand. I also noticed the SSD was cheap too and slow. I ran benchmarks on both and they are well below speeds of qaulity parts. I paid $1500 for a computer that I thought was going to be great but turns out the company cut corners by installing cheap parts. Now a year and 3 months later I start having power issues. Computer is restarting every 10-25 minutes... I pulled out the power supply and to not my surprise they installed a power supply that was the cheapest and most unreliable I could find on the market today... I called to see if I could warranty this out since I was just outside the 1 year warranty period and all they could say is no sorry you will have to buy yourself... Guy put me on hold for 25 minutes to go find a manager and he told me the same thing... 

If you are in the market for a Gaming PC and do not want a company that cheaps out on parts go with someone else. It is very disappointing that I spent so much and the company is unwilling to help me out... 
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 4:51am
Another customer who did not take the time to check on the message boards. There are so many posts warning people to check here first before they pull the trigger that it is not funny.

The membership will always tell you to post your full build specs, ask what your max budget is and what the system is for. We then respond with suggestions for a solid build.

Everything complained about here as far as components is mentioned and warned about. We "warn" you about PSU's by the way.  The "standard" is junk, has high failure rates, provides uneven power (ripples), and has fried systems. The one thing for sure you had best do is get the junk PSU out of your system or risk harming or frying things.

Why the heck do you think there is such a big price difference between component prices??? Selecting cheap is the customers issue period. You have the option to select all your components. 

NVMe drive speeds are listed, you have to read.

Don't select the GPU brand you get cheaper versions.

Don't select RAM brand you may get cheaper versions.

All avoidable when you read or ask questions first.

The only relevant point you have is the lack of QC here. Again nothing new it is mentioned multiple times and can be hit and miss.

Did you select the premium warranty? If not and anything goes wrong you will have to pay to ship it back, even dead out of the box. Another thing you cans see if you read.

Did you get the ultra care packing  to protect the system while being shipped from UPS?

Did you use checkout code spring0410 or NORUSH for 5% off the total? If no oh well had you checked in and asked all these are mentioned.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic