FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Buying Experience - 2 out of 5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brkicz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Buying Experience - 2 out of 5
    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 1:40pm
I would not recommend buying from this company. 

Ordered system on 3/18/2019.
Assembly date: 4/4/2019
Shipped: 4/8/2019
Arrived: 4/11/2019

They did not have the case I selected in stock, so there was a wait, nobody reached out to me to let me know. I asked about the wait 2-3 times and they finally offered to address the issue by replacing the case.

The box arrived in a pretty rough shape (not CP fault) - it looked like it just came out of WW2 so I am glad I ordered ultra packaging/ everything seemed okay after unpacking.

The box and the cable mgmt were done okay, the only thing missing are extra fans.

After setting up everything, I realize it is impossible to update bios on ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 -CB ATX . There is some major gimmick here - as few other fellow customers reported - there is no support for this motherboard.

After contacting them - they referred me to ASrock - and ASrock referred me back to CP. So basically, I am stuck with this motherboard, but I am shocked how terrible the business model is - they got customized motherboard with no support in sight?

So, I probably wasted money on premium warranty as well - if something goes wrong they will take over a month or more to fix it and ship it back - I would be better off just replacing the part myself. 

VR Ready Deal RTX 2070 (NO MONITOR)

*BASE_PRICE: [+1649]
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
CARE2: Cooler Master Mastergel Maker CPU-Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
CAS: Thermaltake Core X71 Dual-Chamber Black E-ATX Full-Tower Gaming case w/ Fully Modular HDD Cages & Tempered Glass Side-Panel Window [+59]
CASUPGRADE: None
CC: None
CD: ASUS 24X Internal multi DVD-Writer / 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R [+17] (BLACK COLOR)
COOLANT: None
CPU: Intel� Core� Processor i7-9700K 3.60GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Case Fans for your selected case [+9]
ENGRAVING: None
EVGA_POWER: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 570LXL 240mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+17] (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_CU1: Get Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Game [+0]
FREEBIE_VC1: Buy 2060 or 2070 and PICK ONE between BFV or Anthem or Metro Exodus [+0]
HDD: 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVME SSD + 4TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+139] (Combo Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Kingwin USB 3.0 Internal Hub with Card Reader & USB 3.1 Port [+39]
KEYBOARD: GAMDIAS HERMES M2 RGB 7 Color Mechanical Blue Switch Optical Gaming Keyboard [+33]
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (GEIL EVO POTENZA)
MICROPHONE: None
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 -CB ATX w/ 802.11ac Wi-Fi, ARGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Intel EXPI9301CTBLK Network Adapter 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI-Express [+34]
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+81]
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
PROJECTOR: None
PROMOSALE1: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5]
RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
USBHD: None
USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]
VIDEO: GeForce� RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
VIVE_HEADSET: None
WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
WNC: None
WTV: None

Edited by brkicz - 12 Apr 2019 at 1:41pm
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:33am
Why do you need to update the BIOS?
This is the biggest complaint? 
It is 100% ASRocks responsibility to update the BIOS, not CPPC.

brkicz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Peregrine Peregrine wrote:

Why do you need to update the BIOS?
This is the biggest complaint? 
It is 100% ASRocks responsibility to update the BIOS, not CPPC.

Yes, the BIOS needs an update, tried to improve the performance and eliminate some bugs - to take advantage of fast boot and other features. I thought that too but apparently Asrock says this is CP owned motherboard, I can share the email from them, I would post a screen shot but can't do on this limited forum. My bios is 1.0. the ASrock equivalent is 4.0.

There are more complaints, 3 fans are missing, the front port usb hub was not connected so I had to cut the prof wiring cables to figure out what goes where and connect it myself, the freebie game codes expired cause it took 3 weeks and 5 days to get the system, they sold me a case which was not in the stock but did not let me know or follow up etc/

But yes, the unsupported motherboard is a big issue, it is unbelievable they did not figure out the support path for the product. 
omgitsbees View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omgitsbees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 12:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic