Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Windows 10 Product Key?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
patrickhogan View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Windows 10 Product Key?
    Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 7:09pm
Just unboxed my new PC. It's great, but when I try signing out of the retail account, it tells me "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC." So I'm supposed to enter the Windows Product Key, but I can't find the key. It is supposed to be on a sticker on the side of the computer, but it's simply not there. Any idea of where I may be able to find it? Because as of right now, my computer is pretty useless with two employee accounts on my computer that I can't get rid of. Thanks.

btw, here's the computer https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXIVR8020A4-Desktop-i5-7400-7200RPM/dp/B0747W15QL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517022453&sr=8-1&keywords=cyberpowerpc&th=1
Zoltar118 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltar118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:08pm
Im in the same boat, and I bought this pc 2 years ago...  wanted to do a format and reinstall, but I don't seem to have the product key
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 10:29am
Is "SW-190-D10  WINDOWS 10 HOME DIGITAL LICENCE" anything associated with this?
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 2:18pm
Hey guys, if you're still having the issue give us a call and we can help you. You should not need it because the keys should be embedded in your system. Let me know if the problem keeps occurring. 

Phone: 888-900-5180

Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.

Email:[email protected]

Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
kayvee View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayvee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:32pm
If your PC comes pre-installed with Windows then it should be ACTIAVTED automatically without any key, as nowadays they don't mention windows key on sticker at back of laptop.

You should try this. 

When it asks for key. Select option I don't have Key and Proceed.
Later Hopefully windows will be activated by itself.

Here is article that i found on it for reference.-http://www.etechblogs.com/find-windows-10-product-key/

Edited by kayvee - 09 Mar 2018 at 11:33pm
iexco View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iexco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 4:55am
 Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (admin)

Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Hit Enter

The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click Next to Activate

https://www.microkeyshop.com/

dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 5:11am
Is iexco's suggestion something which needs to be done by us all?  I have not seen it suggested before.
ebone45 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebone45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:15am
Originally posted by iexco iexco wrote:

Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (admin)

Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Hit Enter

The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click Next to Activate

https://www.microkeyshop.com/

Thank you very much this method worked for my Cyberpower PC, for I had the same issue with windows not being activated

rjrjrj View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjrjrj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:06pm
method suggested by iexco worked. Thanks man
wason View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 6:34pm
Before personalizing your PC, you need to activate Windows. So you should enter the Windows product key, but can't find the key? . It should be placed on a sticker on the side of the computer, but it does not exist at all. Any idea, how can I find it? Maybe you can look for it here:cheapestkey.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic