FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing McAfee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lhenshaw777 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhenshaw777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing McAfee
    Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 1:28pm
Hello,

As part of my order, I chose to purchase McAfee Antivirus. I believe it was supposed to be pre-installed, however I did not notice any such program on my computer. Also, I have since restored my computer anyway due to the recent issues with a Windows update (non-related), so I wouldn't have it on my computer anymore anyway.

Surely I can get an activation code? There was no information about McAfee in any of the boxes I received.

Thank you.
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:57pm
Call CP, they will get you the code if it's missing.
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 5:21am
Mcafee especially older version can be a system hog while scanning. Control-Alt-Delete into your task manager and see how much resources the new version uses. If high I would go with Windows defender or AVG freeware.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic