Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Live Streaming of Opening New Gaming PC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Davester9 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davester9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live Streaming of Opening New Gaming PC
    Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 11:00pm
I took advantage of the holiday sales and ordered a Gamer Infinity XLC.  This is definitely a dream setup for me.  After some customization and some additions to the offered setup, I let my group at Star Citizen know what I was up to. They encouraged me to plan a live stream of my "unboxing" when then the rig arrives.  So, using my existing rig, which is going to be gifted to my daughters school when my new setup arrives, we are going to do a live stream in the Star Citizen 3.4.0 alpha PU.  I am very excited about this.  With Cyberpowerpc's great reputation and the excitement around the development of Star Citizen, my group and I expect a good turnout to watch the live event.  Hopefully, this will generate some interest in others to upgrade their existing systems as Star Citizen continues to evolve.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 5:02am
Well, post your final build specs. Let's see if you made the first mistake on the PSU.

We always suggest post full specs, before you order. We see to many select the junk "standard" PSU, low end RAM. Miss the checkout code for 5% off or use a build base which costs more.

Take plenty of pictures before during & after the unboxing in case there is damage.

Remove all packing, verify all components are seated & plugged in.

Connect monitor, keyboard, mouse and internet only.

Fire it up, finish OS install, GPU drivers & MOBO drivers. Register the OS.

Download Speed Fan or HWI monitor and run during all tests to monitor temps. 
All the programs listed are free, make sure you download directly from their site
or at someplace like Major Geeks.

Download and create a bootable flash drive or CD of Memtest. Run it to verify your RAM has no errors. 
A bad sector or 2 can cause all sorts of weird issues. If it passes move on. If not find the bad stick 
and temporarily remove it.

Download and run Intel Burn In on standard, for a general stress test.

Download and run Furmark to stress the GPU.

If all is well update the OS and drivers.

Install your most used programs. 

Now I suggest "cloning" your HD and re-clone every few months or so. Then just disconnect the clone drive.
I have found out the hard way what you need to go through if a C drive fails and the multiple days
it takes to get set up again. If something does happen in minutes your back up and running
with a minimal amount of data to get back.

If you decide not to clone, at least make a set of recovery disks or back up your drive.

Finish installing printers, etc.

Your ready to go.  

Edited by GAN1957 - 31 Dec 2018 at 5:02am
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Davester9 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davester9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 8:35am
My build.

Gamer Infinity XLC (NO MONITOR)

• *BASE_PRICE: [+2495]
  • BLUETOOTH: None
  • CABLE: None
  • CAS: LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Mid-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered glass on the front & side (Black Color)
  • CASUPGRADE: None
  • CC: None
  • CD: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-9900K 3.60GHZ 16MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
  • CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Red Color)
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • EVGA_POWER: None
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: DEEPCOOL CAPTAIN 360EX 360mm Radiator CPU Liquid Cooler w/ Copper Cold Plate [+67] (3 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • FLASHMEDIA: None
  • FREEBIE_CU: Get Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Game and More
  • FREEBIE_HD: None
  • FREEBIE_SSD: None
  • FREEBIE_VC1: Battlefield V Game [+0]
  • HDD: 512GB Intel 660P M.2 NVME SSD + 3TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • HEADSET: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD: CyberpowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
  • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [+195] (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MICROPHONE: None
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 -CB ATX w/ 802.11ac Wi-Fi, ARGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • NOISEREDUCE1: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply [-7]
  • PRO_WIRING: None
  • PROJECTOR: None
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days. CyberpowerPC can not guarantee Christmas Delivery
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
  • VIVE_HEADSET: None
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
  • _PRICE: (+2774)
$2,774.00 × 1 $2,774.00

Davester9 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davester9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 9:12am
Oops . . almost forgot.  After I made the order I called and changed the PSU.  Instead of the Standard 1000W, I switched it to the Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 80 Plus Gold Certified Semi-Modular Ultra-Quiet  850 Watt PSU.

Also, some may question the need for 32GB Ram, but, it will be needed with some applications/games I will be running.

Smile
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 6:09am
@Cr4ckerjaX

Hey idiot see you other post.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Davester9 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davester9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 7:46am
 @Cr4ckerjaX

I notice that you seem to cut & paste the same post all over these forums.  Perhaps you should consider what that does to the legitimacy of your postings.

Good luck
Davester9 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davester9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 7:54am
Well, I must say I am impressed with the process thus far.  Originally scheduled to be shipped on January 15th, 2019, I have just received UPS notification that the PC is on it's way and will be here on January the 8th. Clap
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 5:34am
WIsh you had considered the extended warranty. Since you don't have it make sure you stress your system out. If you do have something wrong or a bad stick of RAM you only have 30 days to get it corrected or you will have to pay for shipping.

Since you didn't order the ultra care packing, let us know if your case box is packed within another box or by itself and if the case is filled with foam.

TypicallyWrecked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TypicallyWrecked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 6:27pm
How are you going to talk about this live stream, and not share with us the link to your channel so we can be sure to tune in? :) Here, I'll start us out. This is my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2xgSLb_pKJYzwbKxkXxW3A

I don't do Twitch, but I did an unboxing video which is on my channel. Let's get CyberPower some good reviews!

Edit: Btw...I like the build, very similar to mine. I also got the Gamer Infinity XLC. Except I went with the 2080 vs 2080Ti. I did upgrade my RAM to 32GB G.Skill TridentZ, but I bought that myself from a different site. CyberPower was nice enough to do an RMA for my RAM and issue a refund. Pretty awesome! Hope you enjoy your case/setup!

Edited by TypicallyWrecked - 07 Jan 2019 at 6:34pm
Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
i9-9900K
Corsair H150i Pro
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2080 OC Edition
16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
EVGA 850W Gold PSU
500GB SSD/3TB 7200RPM
32GB Intel Optane Memory
Davester9 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davester9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:23am
@TypicallyWrecked:

Hey.  Nice video.  Just watched it.  I'm not certain about the live stream at this point since it is arriving over a week early.  The guy I was depending on to run the stream is not available.  I may end up just taking a lot of pictures and posting my review.  We'll have to see.  Anyway, really liked your video.

Edited by Davester9 - 08 Jan 2019 at 9:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic