Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's see how it goes...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Trancelot View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trancelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:27am
My order is on its way! It's scheduled to arrive on the 17th, so we're at 1 month from order to delivery. (hopefully)

I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Cyberpower is top notch in their industry, and I'm confident my new machine will be all I ever dreamed. I have learned quite a bit for next time if that ever comes around. I'm kinda hoping this machine lasts me 10 years. The community on these forums really make up for the lack of customer service. If you haven't yet ordered. Wait 3 days while you work it out on here. What's another 3 days?

Thanks to all on here for getting me through this frustrating time. Tuesday will be here soon enough.

Brando
m.bartczak View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.bartczak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:51pm
I just got confirmation that my machine is being built! Whoah!

*anxiety level: beyond medical help :D*
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.bartczak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 8:06am
Just a question: does CyberPowerPC declare value on UPS packages? I would like to avoid legal battle titled "not our problem" in a very probable case my stuff arrives totally broken by shipping...

It was almost 200$ for transport alone, so I thought it is the case.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.bartczak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 8:23pm
I just received USP shipping confirmation...

... now all will be seen in Monday. I will take day off, just to make sure they WILL encounter me.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.bartczak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:33pm
Ok.

It had arrived.

Package was surprisingly good,  nothing broken, nothing fallen off, nothing leaked.

I placed the machine on dog's bowl mat, just in case.

I haven't checked any special things, like if for example fast charging USB port was connected to proper place (front panel) and so on, but so far it looks and feels fine.

Haven't tested under load neither - needs to install lots of software. And no, Minecraft is not a performance test ;)

Will keep posted.
Trancelot View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trancelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:58pm
Mine will be here tomorrow!
Scottwnoble View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottwnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 6:40pm
have a warehouse date of 7/9/18 and nothing since, even responded to their order / sales rep if there was any issue with parts or inventory, no reply or update :0

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 5:08am
Some info to follow when you get it. Off the bat PICTURES.

Take plenty of pictures before during & after the unboxing in case there is damage.

Remove all packing, verify all components are seated & plugged in.

Connect monitor, keyboard, mouse and internet only.

Fire it up, finish OS install, GPU drivers & MOBO drivers. Register the OS.

Download Speed Fan or HWI monitor and run during all tests to monitor temps. 
All the programs listed are free, make sure you download directly from their site
or at someplace like Major Geeks.

Download and create a bootable flash drive or CD of Memtest. Run it to verify your RAM has no errors. 
A bad sector or 2 can cause all sorts of weird issues. If it passes move on. If not find the bad stick 
and temporarily remove it.

Download and run Intel Burn In on standard, for a general stress test.

Download and run Furmark to stress the GPU.

If all is well update the OS and drivers.

Install your most used programs. 

Now I suggest "cloning" your HD and re-clone every few months or so. Then just disconnect the clone drive.
I have found out the hard way what you need to go through if a C drive fails and the multiple days
it takes to get set up again. If something does happen in minutes your back up and running
with a minimal amount of data to get back.

If you decide not to clone, at least make a set of recovery disks or back up your drive.

Finish installing printers, etc.

Your ready to go. 
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 7:03am
(No gaming rig is going to be high end for 10 years... this is why we generally don't advise spending almost 5 grand on a computer)

You are going to love it though! :D 

Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.bartczak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 5:56pm
This is one of best advices I saw regarding new computer. I can only sign with both my hands.

I am already halfway through the process, so far the highest temperatures I managed to force the machine into was 38c for cpu/gfx and 58 for SSD (obviously, it is not water cooled) - but the longest run I had was around 3h. I need to add 48h burn-in test - just to make sure the heat doesn't build up somewhere... and I don't make green goo flowing out of my machine :)

Anyway, so far I am very happy with CyberPowerPC work. Really!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic