FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laptop specs good???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
selimahope View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote selimahope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laptop specs good???
    Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:43am
Hey, so I'll be needing a new laptop for school and want it for games on the side. I was looking to get somewhere around these specs and was wondering if what I put together is the best bang for my buck. Budget: 1,300min-2,200 (w/ warranty). I was also wondering if anyone who's bought a laptop from cyberpower has had any problems with overheating as I've read a ton of complaints from alienware customers who complain about heating problems. Are the ventilation any good on these laptops? Should I go with a different brand that has better casing if CP's isn't that great, dell seems like a nightmare when it comes to customer support, but ive heard equal horror stories from here? Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Desired specs:

Display: 1080x1920
CPU: Intel i7+
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060+
Ram: 16GB 
SSD: 256 GB pref samsung
HDD combo: 1TB minimum (don't think they make them much bigger in laptops).
Battery life: 4hrs at least (moderate browsing).
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 6:08am
Generally the horror stories from CP are not all they seem to be. A lot of them are buyer caused by not asking questions. Some are blaming CP for a component. This is laughable. CP only assembles so how can you blame then is a component fails. YES CP has QC & some CS issues. Most of these can be worked out. I have heard of some legitimate complaints that have merit. These are far in between. 

If you order a solid system and ask questions before you buy (many don't and have problems that could have been avoided) your pretty safe. Myself over the years have 6 CP systems (one a laptop) in going on 9 years now. We had issues with 2 of them and things got resolved.

One thing I don't like here is I would have no issues with any desktop from CP. Laptops on the other hand are ordered and re-branded by CP. That's why there is not near the options (let alone Laptop limitations). My sons Laptop was OK and lasted for quite some time. Finally the keyboard failed and he would just use his Bluetooth one.

As far as heating up, today's cpu's run a lot cooler. When gaming your generating a lot of heat compared to just browsing, just a fact. With cooling limitations on "all" Laptops your not going to get away from that. USing a cooling pad is the way to go with any used for gaming. As I said the newer cpu's do run cooler, but the GPU is going to heat up some. Also when gaming your not going to get any good results on your battery. Once you crank up the GPU your draining you batter compared to just browsing. So be prepared to keep it plugged in.

I would stick with the i9-8950HK cpu. It is better overall, faster, etc. than the i7-8750. Which for all other uses (less gaming) will serve you better.

Here is a build to look at. The biggest plus is a 2TB Samsung EVO SSD, high speed drive. The rest is limited as you will see. They don't have cooling pads here, but not a big deal. Included the 30 day no dead pixel guarantee and one year free shipping in case you have any issues.

I don't think checkout codes spring0410 or NORUSH will work for Laptops, but check it.

Configuration#: 1LAHXY (http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1LAHXY)

*BASE_PRICE: [+1499]
ADAPTER: Power Adapter 180W
ADDWRN1: LCD Perfect Assurance: 30 Day No-Dead Pixel Guarantee for 18.4in and below [+19]
BAGS: Targus Messenger Carrying Case for 15.6 Inch Laptop [+29]
BATTERY: Li-polymer Battery (Power), 46whr (3S1P) 4100mAh
BLUETOOTH: Built-in Bluetooth
CABLE: None
CC: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-8950HK 2.90GHz Turbo 4.80GHz 12MB Cache Processor (Coffee Lake) (ZZ-CU-I98950)
FLASHMEDIA: 2 in 1 Card reader connector type -Support MMC/SD/SDHC/SDXC card
FREEBIE_CU: None
HD_M2SSD: 2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/2500 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 500/480k [+546] (Single Drive)
HDD: None
HEADSET: None
KEYBOARD: Fully Programmable RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz SODIMM Memory (Performance Memory by Major Brands)
MICROPHONE: None
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: Intel® HM370 Chipset
MOUSE: Clickpad 98x60, PS2 support
NETWORK: Gigabit LAN Supports 10/100/1000 Mb/Sec
NOTEBOOK: Tracer III Xtreme 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS Anti-Glare Displays LCD w/ RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, HDMI 2.0, mini Dp, USB 3.1 Type C [NB-408-118]
NOTEBOOK_COVER: Tracer III 15 Xtreme VR Cover
PROJECTOR: None
PROMOSALE1: Syber M1 RGB 6200 dpi Optical Gaming Mouse [+5]
PROMOSALE2: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5]
PROMOSALE3: ZALMAN ZM-HPS200 GAMING HEADSET [+5]
RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1-Year Limited WARRANTY and Life-Time Technical Support + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+10]
SOUND: Build in HD Audio Realtek ALC269Q
SPEAKERS: Built-in 2W stereo speakers x 2, 2W subwoofer x 1
USB: USB 3.1 X 2 Gen1, USB 2.0 x1, USB type C 3.1X 1 (Gen2)
USBHD: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 (Pascal)[VR Ready] (ZZ-VC-10606G)
VIDEOCAMERA1: HD webcam with D-MIC*1 [+0]
WNC: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9650 802.11ac + Bluetooth 5
WTV: None
_PRICE: (+2118) 
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic