Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a Good Build?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
boltoniipatrick View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boltoniipatrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this a Good Build?
    Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 2:57am
Hi all! I placed this order a few days ago and have since questioned a few of the items I chose. Iím mainly concerned about the PSU, CPU fan, and perhaps the motherboard?

With this build I plan to game and edit videos with adobe premiere pro.

Any help would be appreciated! I can proobably call in to make changes in the next day or so. Thanks!!

CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
CARE2: Cooler Master Mastergel Maker CPU-Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
CAS: Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front/Top & Both Side tempered glass [+127]
CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller
CC: None
CD: None
CD2: None
COOLANT: None
CPU: Intel(R) Coreô Processor i7-8086K Limited Edition 4.00GHz [Turbo 5.0GHz] 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake) [+100]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: Custom Message - Max 35 characters (including spaces) [+9] (MV Boli)
ENGRAVING_MSG: Patty B
EVGA_POWER: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (Dual (Push-Pull) Standard 120MM Fans [+5])
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_CU: Q1' 18 Intel(R) Premium Creativity Bundle
FREEBIE_MN: None
FREEBIE_VC: None
FREEBIE_WAP: None
HDD: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 550/520 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/90k [+18] (Single Drive)
HDD2: 3TB (3TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+78] (Plus 16GB Intel Optane Memory HDD Acceleration 18X Faster (Secondary Storage Drive))
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC RGB 7 Color Premium Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [-80] (ADATA XPG Z1)
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX w/ 802.11ac WiFi, RGB, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready] [+137]
MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready [-6]
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: EVGA GeForce(R) GTX 1080 Ti SC GAMING iCX Black Edition 11GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] [+302] (Single Card)
VIVE_HEADSET: None
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
WNC: None
WTV: None
_PRICE: (+2402)

Edited by boltoniipatrick - 14 Jun 2018 at 3:01am
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:09am
Never the standard PSU, you never know what your getting, several issues including frying systems has happened. Corsair (not the builder series), XFX, EVGA, Thermaltake are OK.

I don't see any case fans listed, you would be ahead to order them

MOBO is fine.

I would consider going with a 240mm sealed cooler. The Asetek or Deep Cool 240EX are fine. You can most likely get by with the 120mm since your not overclocking. 

Consider going with the NVE drive, a lot faster than what you have selected.

The 1080Ti is a great GPU and you won't regret it. For 4K gaming you really need it. For general game play the 1070Ti will do and save you some cash. I would find it hard to turn back if I could afford it.

If you not picking it up get the ultra care packing plan to protect it from UPS.

Use checkout code spring0410 for 5% off the total.

Consider the extended warranty if your not picking it up which gets you one year of free shipping.

You know if you engrave the case, you can't send it back for any reason for a refund. You would have to let them repair it.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 5:23am
I do not recommend the "standard" fans as either case fans or radiator fans.  Choose a better alternative.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boltoniipatrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 7:19am
Thank you so much for the swift reply GAN1957!

I will def change the PSI, I currently have it set for an 800W one. Thats probably too much, what would you recommend for wattage?

Also, the case comes with standard RGC corsair fans but maybe I should ugrade, perhaps a recommendation?

Are you talking about the Samsung NVMe drive as an SSD? I though the evo was fast but ill do some looking up.

dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 7:38am
You may be correct on the case fans but what are these?

CPU: Intel(R) Coreô Processor i7-8086K Limited Edition 4.00GHz [Turbo 5.0GHz] 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake) [+100]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: Custom Message - Max 35 characters (including spaces) [+9] (MV Boli)
ENGRAVING_MSG: Patty B

For collier fans choose the "Tt Riing 12 Series Case/Radiator Fan" offered as an alternative.

Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boltoniipatrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 11:13am
So the CS_FAN is the default case fans that the Corsair 570x case comes with (3 pack). They are Corsair SP120 RGB fans. They looked decent but I have not found much regarding their functionability.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic