FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is CyberpowerPC a good company?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
signalstar View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote signalstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is CyberpowerPC a good company?
    Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 11:56am

Tough call. I see so many negative reviews out there and few positive reviews, so I wanted to share my experience.

I bought my computer from cyberpowerpc and was very happy with the set-up. Nice, but not terribly expensive. I began seeing all the bad reviews and started to get nervous that things were going to be broken when they got here. It took about a month just for my computer to get through the warehousing stage. I had bought from Dell (specifically Alienware) 3 years prior, so I knew this was normal, but it still made me anxious.

I also read that the standard power supply was bad and I had purchased it, adding to my nervousness. So I posted on the forums asking if I should change it. It was a unanimous "yes" from the few respondents. I then called their customer service who connected me with my personal sales representative. (They assign you one. It also sounded like your order is assigned to 1 specific builder). The representative was very friendly, and told me my computer was entering the quality control stage and that a change could significantly delay the delivery. I asked for an estimate and he said "1-3 weeks" I was fine with that, so I asked for it to be changed. He made the change and it went back to the warehouse step. The computer shipped one week later.

Now about the shipping... I payed for the extra protection. Here's what that protection was: 2 large foam sheets (that grayish sponge foam you see on cheap paintbrushes) and then a bag inside the computer. Now before you jump to conclusions, let me explain. The bag in the computer is filled with activate-able foam. Once activated, the bag begins to expand, filling every crevasse. This is done to protect the internal parts. It sounds scarier than it is. It is really simple to remove. (just do so carefully) It came with a sheet that said it COULD bump a video card out of its socket or whatever, but I did not have that issue. Additionally, even if it did, it would not damage it.

Furthermore, if you are concerned about signatures needed for delivery, you have a reasonable concern. I ordered a monitor with my tower.  The monitor was left on my doorstep (clearly labeled as such in its normal packaging). I was unhappy about that. However, the tower did require a signature for delivery. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that that is on UPS’s fault, but it’s hard to tell. It could be that UPS misunderstood that both packages should be delivered simultaneously via signature, but it could be on Cyberpower for not specifying.

Now I am not gonna say everything was fine and dandy. There was an issue: my CD drive did not have any power. I’m no computer expert so I called tech support.  I talked with a very pleasant man (I forget his name) who asked me to look and see if I saw two cords coming out of the back of the CD drive towards the power supply. I only saw one. So after much describing over the phone, it turned out that I had the cable needed within the packages and bags they sent me. So all I had to do was simply plug the cord into the power supply and the CD drive. It was difficult to plug in because I have large hands, but we got it connected. As I struggled to plug it in, the technical support rep explained to me there was some sort of emergency and he would call me back within 15 minutes. I said ok (since there was not much more he could do except wait for me to plug the cord in).  He did not call back in the 15 minutes, so after 20 minutes, I called again to make sure I was okay to turn my computer on. This new representative said I was good to go, and I tested my computer then.

Now the cord not being plugged in might be my fault since I changed the power supply as the system entered quality control, but one would think it would go through quality control again and that would be checked.

I have now had this computer for about a month and have had no other issues with it so far, and it works better than I had hoped.

So that’s it. That’s my experience. Would I buy again from CyberPower? I’d say yes. Just make sure you know a bit about computers and ask your friends and/or trusted websites for advice on what to get in terms of parts and what to do in the event of an issue. I will bookmark and update this page if I run into anymore issues in the future. Hopefully, my experience will allow you to make a better decision about whether or not to make purchase.

aPatheticGeorge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aPatheticGeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 3:18pm
Good review. Nice detail.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpFIYi8_ujrE9D1zjW_SApg
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 5:40am
Good review

CP is far from perfect.

Their QC and sometimes CS is lacking. It seems to be hit & miss.

A lot of the horror stories people hear can be attributed to not knowing what to order and not asking questions before one orders. Don't get me wrong CP has pulled some real blunders before. Some issues are caused by USP and not ordering the ultra care packing. Doubt me just look up some U tube videos about them.

The one thing that constantly gets me are customers blaming CP for a component that fail. CP only makes the "standard or Extreme Gear PSU's" they do not make any other component. Yet people rant and blame CP for it. CP only assembles systems.

CP also has about the top message board that is very active and will not delete bad posts. I can't say that other companies, some don't really have an active board to use.

Their price is also very hard to beat. You can't hardly buy components and assemble system for less, then if you do your on your own for support.

CP is by far not perfect and never will be.

This coming form a family that has purchased 6 systems in near 8 years. We had issues with 2 systems and all was resolved.

Considering your system, there are steps that anyone should take to stress and backup a system while the first 30 day free RMA is active.

Memtest to verify there are no RAM errors, Intel Burn In for general stress test and Furmark to stress the GPU. Cloning, ghosting or at least baking up the C drive.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

2leowu View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2leowu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:27am
Have same question about pc. Wanna buy new, but couldn't choose one.
I found a review on gaming PCs (https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-gaming-pcs), there are listed among different PC 2 from CyberpowerPC. What can you say about them, are they competitively capable?
flatbush71 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatbush71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:56pm
Absolutely !!
I just  got a new I-7 10700 from them and they are great as far as I'm concerned.

Anybody that will put up with me has to be , hehe

Boom, bah da-da, Boom, bah da-da

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIEo5N25FxE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic