Live Help
Need Help? We're here for you.
Order online or Call (800)707-0393
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Is CP capable of delivering quality in 2021?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is CP capable of delivering quality in 2021?
    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 10:08am
Is CyberPower capable of delivering a custom PC build to the customer in 2021? Why am I asking the question? The techie in me wants to know is why. The techie in me finds it fascinating that a company could do so poorly in delivering a custom PC build to myself and other customers. I have enough personal experience and have read enough testimony by other customers that the techie in me now wants to know the answer to this fundamental question. Itís almost like asking the proverbial chicken and egg question. You want to know. CyberPower should want to know the answer to the question too. At this point, I donít care about the money spent on this rig which has been RMAíd. The money potentially wasted almost seems worth it just to find out the answer definitively. I donít even care if RMA sends back nothing but a single fan blade of a case fan. I simply want to know, as do the rest of you Iíll bet. My first PC from CyberPower was not a quality build. For instance, I had to rewire the fans and the case lighting so that they operate in sync. When you fail to do that as a builder, it says you donít care about the quality of your work and what the company delivers to the customer. Itís laziness. A less experienced customer as many of CyberPowerís customers are would not know how to untangle all those wires and cables and do it properly as I did. But you pay CyberPower to do that so why are you having to end up doing it instead? As the builder, you know full well you would want your lighting in sync. You wouldnít have it any other way so why not do it for the customer who pays you to do so and keeps you employed?

So this is the challenge. Iíve made it easy for them. I examined the PC when I got it. It spent all of approximately 1 hour out of the box to allow me to inspect it properly. I wanted it back in the box quickly and out the door as fast as possible not being able to stomach the mere sight of such an atrocity that was sent to me. I used 60 yards of the greatest packing tape you can buy to send it back. Yep, I used the whole roll thatís how badly I wanted what I saw gone out of my sight. If you are a bonafide techie your sentiments would be the exact same. It was received on 12/10. It was back out the door on its way back to CyberPower by 12/14 just that fast. It felt like the feeling you get when a heavy burden is lifted off your shoulders when it left. But now the techie in me want to know the answer to this fundamental question. Can Cyberpower deliver a quality custom build to a customer in 2021 as specified? In making it easily, I noted all that went wrong. I then emailed CyberPower pinpointing what was wrong and that this was not a custom build as specified item by item. In other words, I diagnosed everything for them all they are left with is properly executing the corrections. You execute the corrections correctly and you pass. Fail to do that and you fail as a custom PC builder.  In making it easy, the following are excerpts from my emails sent to the company over 5 times stating clearly the exact same fixes in each email that need to be instituted. Each email saw the text revised but the content was not. The text was revised solely for CyberPowerís benefit in facilitating more clearly what needed to be done. It was done so that the language was more simplified and more readable each time. In other words, you have no excuse. You cannot claim you do not understand. You cannot say you did not know. Here is an excerpt of the final revision sent to them as to what needs to be done:

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SHIPPING THIS BACK UNTIL YOU CORRECT THE ISSUES CLEARLY LISTED: CyberPower tech support requests photos from the customer when a build is done wrong. I was asked to provide this and the photos were taken and given to your tech support. Before you attempt to ship this build back, request you also provide photos of the instituted needed fixes stated below. Especially shots of the front and rear fans showing they are indeed now the correct fans. A photo of the AIO installed up top with fans as exhaust is also requested. You do not have to diagnose anything Iíve done that work for you. You simply have to institute the fixes numbered below and provide photo evidence those fixes have been instituted prior to shipment. Failure to do this will result in the shipment being rejected. I am tired of saying the exact same thing over and over (more than 10 times) and no one at CyberPower seems to be listening to what are simple fixes provided to them by the customer.

WHAT I ORDERED AND PAID FOR:

6 FA-104-514 TT Premium Edition Riing Trio 120m (PAID $139 each FOR 2 packs of 3 fans).

3 TT RGB cooler fans (already come with the 360mm TT AIO cooler)

6 Apevia RGB fans (forget these I could care less about these I have 5 of 6 in my possession)

WHAT I ACTUALLY GOT:

3 TT Premium Edition Riing Trio 120m ($139 only 1 pack of 3 fans where is the other pack?).

3 TT RGB cooler fans (these 3 already come with the AIO cooler)

3 RGB fans of unknown make and model ( These are likely $59 FA-104-513 Thermaltake 120mm Pure Plus 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition, the result of Carlo C. not paying attention to detail. Look at the attached invoice and the attached screenshot of my bank account. The last item on the invoice is wrong!!!)

6 Apevia RGB fans (forget these I could care less about these I have 5 of 6 of them in my possession)

That means there are now 4 different model fan types installed in this rig when there are only supposed to be two: 6  TT Premium Edition Riing Trio 120m ($139) the 3 Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360mm Premium Edition Liquid RGB fans (ALREADY COMES WITH COOLER).

SO HOW DO YOU FIX THIS IN TOTAL:

1. Install 3 TT Premium Edition Riing Trio 120m that I paid for ($139) on the front as intake fans.

2. Install the AIO cooler up top as exhaust with its included TT radiator fans. (no push-pull).

3. Put a forth TT Premium Edition Riing Trio 120m ($139 THAT I PAID FOR IN ADDITION) on the back as exhaust.

4. Rewire for 2 x 8 pin GPU PSU connectors. Just leave them hanging out on the front that 5500XT is going immediately in the garbage anyway. Got my own RTX 3070 ready to go. What on earth am I going do with a lone 6 pin or 8 pin GPU power supply connector? Answer: Nothing!

5. Check the thermal paste on the CPU again it should be running slightly cooler.

6. Return to customer 2 unused TT Premium Edition Riing Trio 120m ($139) and 1 Apevia RGB fan as spares.

BOOMÖTHAT TOOK ALL OF 30 MINS YOUíRE DONE RETURN PC TO CUSTOMER!

NOTE: Why were photos requested by me before they send it back? ANSWER: This allows CyberPower to check its work before returning to the customer. Itís to help them pass the test. It forces quality control by the company. As of right now the company has no quality control to speak of. Iíve spoken to RMA and theyíve have said outright they are not going to rewire for 2 x 8 pin PSU connectors. What CyberPower fails to recognize as a builder is you do that as a courtesy to the customerÖduh! The whole culture is wrong at the company when you tell a customer that. First, the customer should not even have to ask. You should have the intuition as a builder to know that the customer will be installing their own high-end GPU and they did not buy it from you because you donít have a Strix 3070. Would you pair a Ryzen 7 5800X with anything else but a high-end GPU?? What is wrong with you that you cannot figure that out yourself as a builder? You also never take an adversarial position against the customer; you seek to accommodate them within reason always instead. That is what you should be looking to do with every customer. This is completely lost on CyberPowerís sales and RMA departments, as well as the individual builder of their rigs.

At one point I thought about just canceling the build and getting a refund and then use the money for another build with a builder I know who will do it right. I had no problem contacting that builder. They were kind and fast in responding. None of this get back to you in 2-3 days email nonsense. The culture is wrong at CyberPower as well as the lack of internal communications and employees not caring the company do well personally. I care more about the company doing well as a techie than many of its employees. So the question is a burning one. I want to know if this company is capable of doing good and doing right by its customers and I donít care what it cost me personally. I will revisit this thread in the future when the PC is returned from RMA to give you the verdict.

Beware of liars whose aim is to deceive. They present a positive spin no matter how atrocious the situation really is

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 1:33pm
Said I would revisit this and here is the latest. This was sent to support as feedback:

UPDATE: Got an email from CyberPower last night and here is the text of that email:

Ē Carlo.C (CyberPowerPC) Jan 14, 2021, 7:13 PM PST please call support at 888-900-5180 A pleasure to be of serviceĒ

Thatís it, that is the entire email! What immediately stands out? He doesnít even bother to inform the customer as to the reason the customer to call support. Now when I call I canít tell support why I am being told to call. I donít know why. Got a hold of support this morning. The individualís name was Nam. Nam has no clue as to why I am calling. It ainít Namís fault, itís Carlo Cís fault. Nam now has to waste a considerable amount of his valuable time researching and trying to figure out why I am calling. I certainly canít tell him because Carlo C. was too lazy to include the reason why. Nam did a bang up job trying to research and get a handle on the situation as to why I am calling. He was courteous and patient. An outstanding individual. But he spent too long on the phone because the reason for my calling was not provided by Carlo C. Again, not Namís fault.

I am not optimistic at this point that the build will be sent back configured as specified with the right parts. One thing that stand stands out is everyone Iíve talked to at CyberPower over the past several weeks seems to be completely unaware of the fact that the AIO cooler I purchased comes with itís own RGB fans. How does that even happen itís your most expensive cooler?? Of course it comes with itís own RGB fans. What high end cooler today does not come with itís own RGB fans? In the end, Nam indicated he knows what is to be done to get this build right. It took considerable time to explain to him what exactly needs to be done. Iíve sent several emails diagnosing what precisely has to be done in concise easy to read format. I donít fault Nam for that, I fault the OBVIOUS lack of inter-department communication within Cyberpower. Something Iíve pointed out time and again to no avail.

What else is a customer to do? Iím am going to take the extraordinary step of sending you photos of what the build should look like when it is finished:

Photo #1: depicts AIO cooler as it comes when you buy it. It has its own RGB fans. No one at CyberPower it seems knows this.

Photo #2: Shows what the finished build should look something like except in my case there is a 360mm TT AIO cooler mounted on top as exhaust instead of a 240mm in the photo. 3 of the 6 FA-104-514 TT PREMIUM RIING TRIO 120MM HYDRAULIC BEARING 12 LED fans I purchased are to mounted on the front as intake air. One is to be mounted in the back as exhaust.     

Photo #3: Shows payment ($139) for an EXTRA 3 FA-104-514 TT PREMIUM RIING TRIO 120MM HYDRAULIC BEARING 12 LED for a total of 6 of these fans paid for.

THE INVOICE IS WRONG!! Showing 3 FA-104-513 (59$) which I did not buy and they were MISTAKENLY installed on the PC due to wrong invoice information input and sent to the builder by Carlo C. Two FA-104-514 TT PREMIUM RIING TRIO 120MM HYDRAULIC BEARING 12 LED should be returned to the customer unused as spares along with one Apevia RGB fan (currently installed on the back and should not have been installed at all.). A FA-104-514  TT PREMIUM RIING TRIO 120MM HYDRAULIC BEARING 12 LED fan was to be mounted on the back.    

Beware of liars whose aim is to deceive. They present a positive spin no matter how atrocious the situation really is

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 1:39pm
I will update again when the PC arrives to let you folks know if CP got it right. I don't know how you don't get it right with all my efforts. 
rediornot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rediornot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:11pm
good luckBeer
Eluna242 case,ASUS 570x wifi,73700x,16gb 4x3000ram,gigabyte rtx2070.240 AIO push/pull led fans 1600w Lepa psu, AOC 27cqg1 144hz 1440p,WD480ssd/2x1tb M.2.F@H team 142900 come fold with us
wahburger View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:09am
I will deffinately be checking each and every part of my build when it comes in. 
this is scary..

i bought a PC 7-8 years ago here and it was one of the best services i've ever had as a customer.

just purchased a new one and should be set to ship in Feb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:15am
I hope it works out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 6:30pm
Has anyone seen my PC?

Expected ship date:1/12/2021

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 10:22am
BUMP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 2:04pm
I am finally getting my PC...wow! Should be shipped out tomorrow. If you guys only knew what all had to happen to finally get this done...LOL! They were going to send it back to me all wrong again here shortly until I caught the errors they had made once again. For those of you feeling some trepidation, CyberPower really does care even if they might not get it right the first, second, or even third time. They are determined to get it right. That trepidation is understandable seeing as how these are custom rigs and you are dropping a lot of cash on them. I was all prepared to forget this build and just go buy another one somewhere else. I had become completely unenthused about this new build. It actually had to be rebuilt with a new different case to get all of this resolved. Your experience might very well depend on who you get on the line. I find Chad to be cool. Victor, not so much. Just try and be patient and exhaust every avenue communicating as a customer before you start screaming or throwing in the towel. 
goocher625 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goocher625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 7:04am
I had ordered a pc from here in early Oct. of last year. I had to cancel as car repairs came up and I couldn't afford the pc at that time. When I was ready to reorder I chose PowerGPU for my build. Could not be happier with that company. After reading your dealings with CP , I'm very glad that I cancelled that order.

Edited by goocher625 - 03 Feb 2021 at 7:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic