FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Infest Special

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
taosaur View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taosaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 9:00am
Noooo...another labor-intensive paperweight! I'm sorry (and a little worried) to hear about this.

I can't say I've seen any positive outcomes on machines shipped back for repair, but I can see how it might be worth a try on the infest special.

Best of luck.
Ordered 10/4/08:
Q6600 on Gigabyte P45 CrossFire w/ 2Gb DDR3 and ATI 4850

*crosses fingers*
beramod5185 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beramod5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 9:56am

Oh noes........problems Dx

Tweet Tweet?
Salan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 10:04am
Originally posted by taosaur taosaur wrote:

Noooo...another labor-intensive paperweight! I'm sorry (and a little worried) to hear about this.

I can't say I've seen any positive outcomes on machines shipped back for repair, but I can see how it might be worth a try on the infest special.

Best of luck.

Hi

Yes the Infest special is worth fighting for.  It is actually worth breaking down the rig into parts and having some one competent rebuild it.

Sorry to hear the news, after reading your posts going though the design to order processes and waiting for your pc to arrive we were all pulling for you.

Really hope things get fixed and everything works out.
Alan

PS - This leaves me a little pissed off about the construction and quality control.  How in the world can you forget in the build or miss in QC the crossfire bridge?  How can you send out a case with a chip in the back and a missing screw?

CM HAF
I7 950
Zalman 9900LED
EVGA Classifed
12G Corsair Dom 1600
2 X BFG 285 OCXs
1500W Silverstone Strider
2 x Intel 80G X-25-M in Raid 0
LG BR Bnr, LG DVD Bnr
2 x WD 1T Blk
W7 Ult 64 Bit
phidan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 10:31am
Ive actually made the decision to get a refund, I don't trust Cyberpower's repair service based on other peoples stories and the service the company has given me as a whole.

What I plan to do now as far as getting a new PC goes, I plan to go to the local Frys Electronics, choose out which parts I want (case/motherboard/processor etc.) and have them build it for me. It will cost me around $1500 to get it built there compared to $900 here but I'd rather put some additional money from my paychecks for a few more months to do it here were its a 5min drive to to  the store and only takes 3-5 days to have it in my house.

I plan to build my new one around an Intel 8500 and 2 4850's, Im still unsure on the other stuff though ill have to see what they have there.
scaner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 11:31am
Good idea......
Salan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 11:34am
[QUOTE=phidan]Ive actually made the decision to get a refund, I don't trust Cyberpower's repair service based on other peoples stories and the service the company has given me as a whole.

What I plan to do now as far as getting a new PC goes, I plan to go to the local Frys Electronics, choose out which parts I want (case/motherboard/processor etc.) and have them build it for me. It will cost me around $1500 to get it built there compared to $900 here but I'd rather put some additional money from my paychecks for a few more months to do it here were its a 5min drive to to  the store and only takes 3-5 days to have it in my house.

I plan to build my new one around an Intel 8500 and 2 4850's, Im still unsure on the other stuff though ill have to see what they have

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take your rig into Frys and see what they want to fix it.  Crap, see what they want to pop in a new motherboard and the cpu that you want.  You may come out much cheaper in the long run.  The parts in your system are worth way more than you paid for it.

Alan

PS - I do know what you mean though, sending a computer back to CP to be fixed would scare the crap out of me.

Edited by Salan - 11 Oct 2008 at 11:37am
CM HAF
I7 950
Zalman 9900LED
EVGA Classifed
12G Corsair Dom 1600
2 X BFG 285 OCXs
1500W Silverstone Strider
2 x Intel 80G X-25-M in Raid 0
LG BR Bnr, LG DVD Bnr
2 x WD 1T Blk
W7 Ult 64 Bit
Ratdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Cyber_Tech

Originally posted by sakuraxeno

ok i have a question lol...soo how dose this 30 day money back refund  work? dose it start THE DAY i get it at my door or what? and lets say i have 4 days left on my 30 day, and i ship it for a refund, A. do they cover the shipping costs? and B. if fedex takes more than 4 days to get there dose that count as going over the 30 day? and is CP easy going about that if you were to talk to somoen and say hey...it might be late..blah blah blah?Big%20smile

The 30 Day Refund start on the DATE of PURCHASE located on your invoice. Just think of it like this, All the individual parts of your system are purchased by you on the DOP date and then it is then Built/ Assembled by Cyberpower and then test and shipped to you.

So lets understand this for example...If I order on the first of the month, then that my order date and my 30 day money back starts with that date..Then lets say it takes those 10 business days to Build/assemble then ship...Shipping to me took 1 full week..Then I test it out for 2-3 days..Then I ship it back...Lets see how that works out time wise..
Order date 1st of the month. Lets say thats a Friday..Then 10 business days that brings us to Monday the 17 then 7 full days to ship thats 24 days so far. I get it turn it on try it decide to send it back for 30 day refund..it is now day 27 ship it back to you which takes 7 days..total 34 days....SORRY NO REFUND.  Gee I would think that 30 days should start when you receive your comp...Just does not seem fair.....Approve
War is not healthy for children and other living things.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic