Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I could use some thoughts on my build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HunterColeman View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunterColeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I could use some thoughts on my build
    Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 5:28pm

Hi everyone from Cyberpower, I could use some thoughts on my first build. I ordered this about a week ago, and I also have some questions about the case. Here is my full configuration:

*BASE_PRICE: [+1199]
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CAS: Raidmax Monster II ATX High Airflow Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, & Side-Panel Window [-32] (Black Full-size Tempered Glass Window)
CASUPGRADE: None
CC: None
CD: None
CD2: None
COOLANT: None
CPU: Intel(R) Core� Processor i7-8700 3.20GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake) [+46]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: None
EVGA_POWER: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED CPU Cooler w/ PWM fan - Efficient Cooling Performance [-10]
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_HD: None
FREEBIE_MN: None
FREEBIE_VC: None
FREEBIE_WAP: None
HDD: 512GB Intel(R) 660P SERIES PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 1500/1000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 90/220k [+29] (Single Drive)
HDD2: 1TB WD Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD [+51] (Plus 32GB Intel Optane Memory HDD Acceleration 24X Faster (Secondary Storage Drive))
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: None [-5]
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [-65] (ADATA Spectrix D80 RGB Hybrid Liquid Heatsink Cooling)
MICROPHONE: None
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready] [-19]
MOUSE: None [-3]
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - EVGA 850W GQ 80 Plus Gold Power Supply [+12]
PRO_WIRING: None
PROJECTOR: None
PROMOSALE1: CyberpowerPC Elite M1 131 RGB 7-Color w/ 9 Button, adjustable Weight & lighting effects Gaming Mouse [+5]
PROMOSALE2: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5]
PROMOSALE3: CyberpowerPC Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]
RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 10 to 12 Business Days
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB GDDR5 Video Card [VR Ready] [-22] (Single Card)
VIVE_HEADSET: None
WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
WNC: HIRO 802.11ac Dual Band PCI-E Wireless Adapter Network Card [+19]
WTV: None
_PRICE: (+1169)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
                           Coupon: SPRING0410 (5% Discount)    $-58.45
                                                   SUBTOTAL  $1,110.55
                                            Sales Tax (N/A)      $0.00
                                       Shipping: UPS Ground     $75.00
                                          Shipping Discount    $-75.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                GRAND TOTAL  $1,110.55

I have some questions about the Raidmax case. Does anyone know if the Raidmax Monster II case comes with the full tempered glass side panel or if it comes with the small window variant of the case? I am confused about it because the gallery only shows 3 pictures with a full tempered glass side panel, and the 3rd picture in the gallery only shows the white variant with the tempered side glass version and all the other pictures are the small window variants. This confused me a little. I also looked up some reviews of the case and found that it's very wobbly and prone to tipping over due to the unique base, do you think this could prove an issue? I could use some answers to this because I could perhaps call Cyberpower and change my order to the NZXT H500 case, but that costs $50 more, and could slow down my order. I consider the Raidmax case a steal considering the Tempered glass version is $80 everywhere I've looked, and it's $50 off here meaning I've gotten it for a mere $30. 

Anyways, do you think I should call in and spend $50 more for an NZXT case, or do you think the Raidmax II case should be sufficient? I would hate to have to spend $50 more, but if the case is going to cause problems then I should choose a different one. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edited by HunterColeman - 07 Oct 2018 at 5:29pm
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 5:18am
Overall the reviews for this case seem OK. I see your concern about the possibility of it tipping. It would be easier to tip over. A lot of factors, will it have room to do so under a desk, kids around, etc.

It looks like the case only has 2 fans. You may be fine since the case has good airflow. If it heats up add an additional fan.

By the description, the full tempered window is an extra. I would bet the small window is what CP has. Only direct contact with them will answer that for sure. CP warns photos used are may not be exactly the product you get.

If your not picking it up, get the ultra care packing to protect your system form UPS.

If shipping consider the extended warranty which gets you one year of free shipping.

You know you not going to be able to max GPU setting with the GPU selected.

Use checkout code spring0410 for 5% off the total.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

HunterColeman View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunterColeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:16am
Thanks for the reply, and yeah I used the spring0410 code as shown in the final price. I know I won't be able to max settings in certain games but I looked up some reviews and benchmarks, it seems like the GPU is fine, it's basically equivalent to the 1060 6gb version in terms of speed. I would have wanted to go a 1070 but my budget doesn't allow it unfortunately. I plan to upgrade my GPU later down the line maybe in a year or a few, but the RX 580 should be perfectly fine for me for now, especially since I only play in 1080p. I went with the shipping warranty, but didn't go with the enhanced packaging, I assumed the packaging they already put would be sufficient.

I'm also emailing CP right now to confirm whether or not I get the full tempered side glass version or the small window variant of the case.

Edited by HunterColeman - 08 Oct 2018 at 9:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic