FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Huge FPS drop when streaming OBS or Xsplit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DJCowlick View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJCowlick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huge FPS drop when streaming OBS or Xsplit
    Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:53am
Streaming for twitch and the stream quality is decent but my fps drops to 20 or 30 and its hard to play competitivley. Ive messed with a bunch of settings. Idk what to do. I have a ryzen 5 1400 CPU a evga gtx 1060 and 16gb of ram. 3gb on the graphics card.

What do i do to fix the low fps?! Please help.

Im trying to stream PUBG
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:12pm

Not for the minimum, but as 'recommended' I've seen a 1060 w/ *6* GB indicated for PUBG, which is a demanding game (I guess for a better playable experience - like a smoother frame rate). That CPU isn't the strongest, but not sure if that matters that much. That GPU may only have 1 fan, chk your temps, wonder if the GPU or CPU is throttling. Ryzen gets hotter also, I hope this wasn't a prebuilt, - Amazon, etc. If you got it here, I hope you had push-pull fans at least if you only got a 120mm CPU H2O cooler. An easier thing to fix is adding fans to the case, you need at least 2 or 3, less heat buildup means less potential throttling.

If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
DJCowlick View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJCowlick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:30pm
Yeah i just bought some fans. I realized i didnt opt for the push pull fans. So fans installed and then cpu upgrade.

Thank you for your help
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:31pm
Sure, NP.  Smile

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
DJCowlick View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJCowlick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:35pm
Yeah i just bought some fans. I realized i didnt opt for the push pull fans. So fans installed and then cpu upgrade.
Btw i have the h60 corsair liquid cooling system
Idk if that helps anything
Thank you for your help

TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:52pm
Good cooler, but the 2nd fan might have kept the CPU cooler, it's just a Ryzen 5, and Ryzen doesnt run as hot as older AMD, so I think you'd be OK, just chk the CPU temps to see if the xtra fan is needed on the rad. The case fans should help also. On the GPU, you can D/L free EVGA Precision S'ware if you don't already have it, and adjust the fan curve, to come on sooner, and spin faster. You can also use it to adjust core and memory clock speeds on the GPU, but if the GPU is running hot, I'd be careful abt that. If not, amping up the GPU might improve your frame rate.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic