FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horrible PC Experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Myxtly View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myxtly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horrible PC Experience
    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 9:58pm
i bought This pc from a best buy on october 10, and it has been the worst gaming experience
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-560-1tb-hard-drive-black/6072200.p?skuId=6072200 

On the first  week i just spend time downloading most of my games from steam and origin with my crappy wifi connection.
then i boot up my first game Smite and it runs smoothly until it crashes on the loading screen in my second match. this constantly happens and i decide to get a RAM replacement because my friends and i came to the conclusion that it could be the problem.
a week passes and i replace the ram in my pc to see that it didn't change anything i called best buy and it was too late to return my pc for a refund.
I then decide to go to cyberpower pc because i live close by and give it to them for repair.
a week passes and i get it back. i go home  and yet again it crashes.
I call cyberpower pc and ask what they did, and they said that they replaced the RAM even though i told them that i already replaced it.
they said it ran the benchmarks just fine.
At this point i just want a new pc, i don't want a repair, i want a replacement.
If this is possible please let me know, or if anyone has a solution to the crashes please respond.
PS. The crashes occur in games without a blue screen or a crash diagnosis, it happens randomly.

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 5:18am
Sorry, your first mistake is to buy an off the shelf  PC from CP. Had you came to the message board first you would have found this out.

You need to check your PSU, if it is a "standard" one then at some point soon you should replace it, these have a high rate of failure and can supply uneven power (ripples) which is hard on systems.

Often GPU drivers can cause these types of issues. 

Open the case and make sure all components are seated and plugged in.

Download either Speed Fan or HWI monitor to keep an eye on temps while testing.

Then download Memtest, which will verify if there are any errors on the Ram sticks. >>> http://www.memtest.org/

Here are a couple of programs to see what drivers may be the cause. Drivers often can cause these type of issues which if it is the case has nothing to do with the "builder", which everyone tend to blame. 

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic