FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with RAM upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vortim223 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vortim223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with RAM upgrade
    Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 3:25pm

About a year ago, I bought my kids a cyberpower premade computer (probably off of amazon if I remember correctly).  While it does good for there gaming needs (mindcraft, overwatch, subnautica, fortnight, etc).  I was looking to upgrade the RAM to give it a little more boost.  With Planet Zoo coming out soon, I know my kids will want to play it and I am not sure it can handle everything graphically so I figured upgrading the RAM will help.  But I am not sure what RAM to get that will work well with there PC (motherboard, etc).  It has been forever since I have bought any individual parts for a PC, I usually just get a new gaming PC from cyberpower about every three years to keep up with my gaming needs.  With that being said, I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on picking out what RAM to upgrade their computers with.  Was looking to probably go from 8 to 16....

There specs.

AMD FX 6300
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB

That's all I really know based off of the amazon listing I got it from.  I can dig deeper into their PC if you need more info, but not sure where to find everything.  Again, this was a premade PC from cyberpower sold on Amazon.  I have found in the past, these forums are usually very helpful with info like this so hopefully someone will have some insight and help me out.

Thanks

Vortim

Edited by Vortim223 - 05 Sep 2019 at 3:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic