FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics goes in/out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Coasterguy11 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasterguy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphics goes in/out
    Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:17pm
I have a CyberPower PC with Ryzen 1700, MIS motherboard and it came with an Nvidia 1050Ti.  At some point I took out the graphics card, it's been in a few PCs but I replaced it with an Nvidia 1060.  System was running great for a short while.  Basically the screen will lock, then go blank for a few seconds, does it off and on.  Sometimes not often, sometimes anoyingly every minute or two.  I keep all my drivers up-to-date, I found a problem thatlooked similar and it said to set this option in the Nvidia control panel: "Content type reported to the display:"   from Auto-Select to  Desktop Programs.  I've tried that, and setting it to Full Screen Video.  Problems still happrens regardless of that setting.  I thought maybe it is a PSU problem, is that possible?  I think at some point I swapped my RAM and I've also put in an AMD RX 580 that I own, seemed ok at first then it came back.  Still wondering about PSU.  Most of my PCs have large wattage power supplies.  However, my two CyberPower models (I usually build my own) have only 3XX watt supplies I think, I'dd have to look, they might be over 400.  My other one, my youngest Son uses, also has a 1060 graphics card and works fine.  They both have same MB, Memory etc. I suppose it could be the monitor, but this thing is usually rock solid. It's a BENQ 27 inch 1080p. I use the HDMI interfaace.  Any suggestions.  I could put an old AMD card in it, I have R9 280 and R0 275 around. 

Regards,
CoasterGuy11
Aeropostle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 6:29pm
Not enough info for members to be very helpful.  Please post your full build. It helps us to know what specific hardware you actually have.  I am going to shoot from the hip, based on what little info you have provided so far.

Since the PC shipped with a 1050ti I am going to bet that it has a lower rated power supply.  The 1050ti card uses so little voltage and amperage that its able to acquire all the power it needs directly from the PCI-E slot.  Most 1050ti cards do not have a supplemental power cable needed.  The 1060 is a different story.  I do not know of any 1060's that don't have a separate power connected because they use more power than the 1050ti's.
'
I bet if you look at the Power Supply you are going to discover it is not rated for enough wattage.  If this PC was an off the shelf build it likely shipped with a no name brand ,"standard" unit that is not good enough to meet the increased power demand of the 1060.  If that is the case, then you need to replace it ASAP with a brand name unit.  
System 1: Ryzen 5 2600 Asus Prime 350B 16 Gigs Corsair DDR4 3200 Radeon His Ice2 R9-280x
System 2. Intel 8700k Asus Prime with Strix RTX 2060
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:48am
Well that completely vague.

Is this s CP system?

Post your full build specs.

An Epson scanner has nothing to do with your GPU.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic