Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GMA3000BST - Fatal Flaw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katanakahn View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katanakahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GMA3000BST - Fatal Flaw
    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 12:55pm
Hello,

I recently purchased model GMA3000BST from the Big Blue box and I was very happy with the entire experience until I actually tried to use the PC.

While gaming, the PC would freeze or crash.  All signs poitned to a PSU issue, including other posts here on the forum.

When running, this rig is beautiful and plenty powerful, especially at the price point, but they included a 450W PSU which is underpowered for the components in the setup. 

I purchased an EVGA 750W Gold PSU and all of my issues went away.  Evertything runs smoothly and no freeezes or crashes.

So, take note, if you purchase this particular model, you need to upgrade the PSU RIGHT AWAY.

Edited by Katanakahn - 29 Oct 2018 at 12:55pm
tjbedlington View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbedlington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 12:59pm
So why would you pay for something that Cyberpower should be paying for. Sounds like this is widespread and they should recall the product or offer to upgrade for free.
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by tjbedlington tjbedlington wrote:

So why would you pay for something that Cyberpower should be paying for. Sounds like this is widespread and they should recall the product or offer to upgrade for free.

If you buy a budget PC....You get one.    The big box stores place orders to be filled for super sales.  Your not going to get anything great no one checks on.

People will read every component review they can and order a costly system . Then get a Standard PSU and junky HDD for it.  We see it all the time.

The PSU feeds everything power. And the PSU's with better capacitors and 100w more to grow with will create a long lasting system. 

We here on the forum have wondered for years why the generic units are used at all for some time.  The bottom line is money, not enough bad to offset the profits. 

Edited by crawler - 28 Dec 2018 at 1:34pm
Windows 10
Overclocked 3570K
570 LX cooling, push pull
Cooler Master HAF-XM case
750w Corsair TX PSU
16gb of 1866 Corsair Vengeance ram
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbedlington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 4:41pm
I guess if thatís the way the company wants to do business then I will return my pc when I get it and go with another company.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbedlington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 4:44pm
I bought it at Best Buy and Iíll let them know when I return the unit to them. Iím not a big gamer. I just wanted a good all round computer.
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:28pm
The standard power supply in the build should be sufficient. It likely was failing prematurely and couldn't handle max load. Sorry to hear about your issue, but I am glad you got it taken care of. If you need any further help, feel free to contact our support.
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic