FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Gamer Infinity XLC Blue Screening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robbugh View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gamer Infinity XLC Blue Screening
    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 6:43pm

Hi!

My Gamer Infinity XLC blue screens every time I play the steam game Gloomhaven. No other game does this. Not sure if this is a overheating issue or a game issue. I checked the Gloomhaven discord channel and no one else was reporting this issue so guessing it is something with my PC. Browsing the internet I see various suggestions such as,

• CPU overheating
  • Nvidia Card overheating
  • Bios issue
Are there apps I can run on my PC that will help me check if it is an overheating issue? Does it seem reasonable it could be BIOS related? I haven't made any adjustments to the bios. I know my PC came with a liquid cooling system. How can I check if it is working?

Thanks,
Rob Bugh
robbugh View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:38pm
For anyone curious, I figured out my overheating problem. My Nvidia GTX 2080 Ti card was configured to render the maximum level of graphics when playing Gloomhaven. I found a tools that allows me to watch the gpu temperatures and could see the temps increase on the gpu while playing until a blue screen occurred. I dialed down the level of graphic and now am not getting a blue screen any more.

This game must really exercise this card. 

Anyone know how to cool an Nvidia card apart from the fans that are already on the card. Can you put liquid cooling on the card?

Rob
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 5:35pm
If your over 100 frames , don.t worry about it.

We cant comprehend much over 60 frames.  

So if you have a nice resolution not stuttering , with the frames locked lower your fine! 
Cooler Master HAF-X case with 2 200mm fans
240mm liquid cooler with push pull fans
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
Overclocked I5, Samsung SSD, Corsair PSU, Sapphire Vega56
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic