FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Game Mode Button on Laptops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tapierce View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapierce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game Mode Button on Laptops
    Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 7:21pm
Hi All,
I just bought a Tracer III laptop and am wondering what the game mode button actually does (the button next to the power button)?  I see on my desktop that it switches between Game Mode & Office Mode but what's it actually doing behind the scenes? The owner's manual doesn't say anything about it.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:08am
I don't really know. I would E-mail support directly. I would think it may ramp up the GPU settings. Dealing with Laptop batteries they need to run reduced everything to last. You don't want to game on batteries. Your power requirements  for a ramped up GPU drain the battery. 

My best guess.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic