FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fresh Out The Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Mageman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mageman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 1:01pm
wow awesome stuff...you and GAN are teaching me alot :-).......i just tried a benchmark for the first time ever on my machine i am replacing......Passmark bench 7.0 beta......scored a 1582......asus PT6....I7 [email protected] 2.67GHZ... GTX 285......now just have no idea if this was a good or bad score
Come join Riders of the Rebellion!!
poppy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:11pm
Man, I just found this thread again. Awesome set up. Which lights did you get? Are the fans loud? I'm wondering now if I should have gotten the duel fan set up for the MOBO cooler and the push pull style...

Edited by poppy - 21 May 2014 at 7:11pm
Aeropostle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by poppy poppy wrote:

Man, I just found this thread again. Awesome set up. Which lights did you get? Are the fans loud? I'm wondering now if I should have gotten the duel fan set up for the MOBO cooler and the push pull style...

I got the 12inch cold cathode light. The fans are relatively quiet but now the clear cheap 120mm LED fans are starting to rattle. I have a couple thermaltake 120's that arent LED fans that I am going to install when I get time. I hate losing the red LED's but i cant stand the noise from these cheap ones.
System 1: Ryzen 5 2600 Asus Prime 350B 16 Gigs Corsair DDR4 3200 Radeon His Ice2 R9-280x
System 2. Intel 8700k Asus Prime with Strix RTX 2060
poppy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 5:45am
Yeah, I can understand the rattle issue. Doesn't your cathode give off enough shine for you though? I just did a major review on my case and found that it comes with a 200mm fan that has a blue LED on it. Something CP should add to it's advertising of the case. It might just sway more to get it. But then again, I guess folks like myself should do better research.

I also noticed you changed your CPU cooling fans. Do you like them better? I'm kicking myself in the butt for not getting the 240mm CPU cooling. I didn't realized there was spot on the case designed for them. I'm finding out a lot of minor things I would change now that I've checked for the fifth time on my build. LOL, I noticed CP doesn't even offer the Maximum Corsair AIR Series AF120 Performance Edition 120MM High Airflow Case Fan [+29] (Maximum Mix ENERMAX TB SILENCE 140mm+120mm Performance cooling with a low-noise profile Fans [+10]) now. I wonder if there was an issue with cooling with the silent fan set up. I talked to Justin about it and voiced my concerned while it was in production. He told me they would test it and advised me if there was an issue. I'm guessing there wasn't.

Oh well, I'll make changes if I need too like yourself. Good luck with the build man...Thumbs%20Up

Edited by poppy - 22 May 2014 at 5:46am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 6:44am
I had ordered max fans with LED's so they swapped out the coolermaster fans for their cheap LED's. That is why I changed them. I complained to support and the sent me the correct High presure pwm fans for my radiator. Thats why I had to move stuff around to suit my needs.
System 1: Ryzen 5 2600 Asus Prime 350B 16 Gigs Corsair DDR4 3200 Radeon His Ice2 R9-280x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 12:08am
Well, It has been a while since I dropped by the forums. I am happy to say my machine is humming right along without any major issues.

The 120 Gig SSD filled up fast, once I started installing programs. I have it filled to 90 gigs and I installed a 240 gig for my gaming programs.
This coming tax return I will be installing 1 or 2 Evo 500 gig ssd's.
The 9590 doesn't overclock past 4.8 if all 8 cores are active. The R9-280X HIS video card never gets past 45 C while gaming. I use the HIS program and re curved the fans a little to keep it from throttling while on BF4. The CoolerMaster Radiator is working fine. No weird noises and no overheating problems.
Almost a year and I am still Happy with my purchase.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 5:11am
Hey Dude, good to see you back on the board.

Glad things are holding up fine. Glad you got the fan curve set, that was one issue on this series GPU. Since it already an R9 series, did they ever come up with a bios update and are you running the newest drivers?

Have a great X-mas, dude.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Cyber_sales View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_sales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Aeropostle Aeropostle wrote:

Well, It has been a while since I dropped by the forums. I am happy to say my machine is humming right along without any major issues.

The 120 Gig SSD filled up fast, once I started installing programs. I have it filled to 90 gigs and I installed a 240 gig for my gaming programs.
This coming tax return I will be installing 1 or 2 Evo 500 gig ssd's.
The 9590 doesn't overclock past 4.8 if all 8 cores are active. The R9-280X HIS video card never gets past 45 C while gaming. I use the HIS program and re curved the fans a little to keep it from throttling while on BF4. The CoolerMaster Radiator is working fine. No weird noises and no overheating problems.
Almost a year and I am still Happy with my purchase.

Good to see you back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 12:20am
I never did find an updated bios for the card. HIS makes their own program/ app designed for their cards. (ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI all make their own versions too).
It is seriously tweakable from clocks to voltages. I jumped both clocks an additional 10 or 20 then recurved the fans with their program. BF4 maps vary wildly. Mantle loads the map faster but FPS isn't as good as I had thought. Seems it works best with weaker quad core processors and different AMD cards.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 12:22am
Thanks CyberSales and Gan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic