FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fresh Out The Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 5:26am
Lookin good Game On.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Aeropostle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 12:06am
Thanks GAN1957!
I ran some more benchmarks.

This is the results page PCMark Vantage

It tested in the top 18% of all results! I am very well pleased with my machine!!!!
System 1: Ryzen 5 2600 Asus Prime 350B 16 Gigs Corsair DDR4 3200 Radeon His Ice2 R9-280x
System 2. Intel 8700k Asus Prime with Strix RTX 2060
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 4:30am
Decent score dude.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

poppy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 8:14pm
What are benchmarks???

Edited by poppy - 22 Mar 2014 at 8:15pm
SgtPepper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SgtPepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 7:37am
define: Benchmark;

a standard or point of reference against which things may be compared or assessed.

So basically a 'benchmark' around here is simply a piece of software that is designed to 'max out' your hardware components such as your CPU, GPU or RAM. It loads your hardware to its maximum than gauges how 'well' or 'fast' is works while under this load, the hardware component is assigned a rank or 'score' and there you have it. A standard for measuring hardware performance.

ASUS Z87-K ATX mainboard
i7 4770 3.40Ghz 8MB cache
(8x2)GB 1866Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws X
AMD Radeon 7990 6GB GDDR5
120GB Samsung 840EVO SSD
1TB Caviar Blue HDD
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M2 1000watt
poppy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 10:27am
Well I understand that. When I look @ a system built they give me benchmarks on different games. I just don't understand how running some program on your PC to find those benchmarks...
SgtPepper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SgtPepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 4:57pm
Hmmm, not sure I was understanding you properly than. Also, CPPCs 'benchmarks' are notoriously inaccurate, I wouldn't trust them. A simple google search will return more accurate results.

Well these programs are specially designed benchmark programs. Some games have a benchmark program coded right into them. So once these programs complete their 'tests' they are able to compile the results into a 'score' that is used as a way to gauge the computers performance comparatively to other systems.

Hope that helps.
ASUS Z87-K ATX mainboard
i7 4770 3.40Ghz 8MB cache
(8x2)GB 1866Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws X
AMD Radeon 7990 6GB GDDR5
120GB Samsung 840EVO SSD
1TB Caviar Blue HDD
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M2 1000watt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 2:23pm
Update:
Here is a pic where I removed my Apevia 900 Watt Power Supply.

Here is a pic where I removed the HDD, SSD, and both Cages from the floor of my tower. I was able to relocate one HDD cage directly under my DCrom Cage. The tower provides 4 locations to mount SSD's.

Here is the near complete photo with my new Corsair 850 Watt Power suplly and the correct Cooler Master fans on my radiator. I was able to mount both the 120mm LED fans on the floor of my tower.

System 1: Ryzen 5 2600 Asus Prime 350B 16 Gigs Corsair DDR4 3200 Radeon His Ice2 R9-280x
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 5:02am
Man that's a lot of room. Moved the HD cages up and added the bottom fans, good idea.

Love the room behind the MOBO for harness concealment.

Next build I can afford,,,, or should I say my wife lets me get, I will look for a case with built int removable filters, or look for a way to make then myself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:27am
UNder the two cheap fans is room enough to add a 240mm filter (magnet). Both the powersupply and front 140mm fans are filtered. The ceiling is also filtered which is redundant as air is coming out of the tower up. I think the top filter is more for cosmetics. There is almost an inch behind the motherboard tray for hiding wires. For a standard configurated tower, this one was easy to work in and work with. Alot easier then my old Centurion 590 or my current Antec 900 v1.

Edited by Aeropostle - 23 Apr 2014 at 6:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic