FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free McAfee Promotion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
wolf_835 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolf_835 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free McAfee Promotion
    Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 9:45pm
I've had my PC for roughly a month now, and since I have received it, I have entered for the promotion shown on a paper that came with my PC twice. On the forum, I've seen CP officials say it takes roughly 2 weeks to process, although the first time I entered would have been roughly a month and the second would have been roughly 2 weeks ago. I was even able to receive the free headphone promotion (which was also claimed to take roughly 2 weeks to process) before I received the anti virus. Do I need to wait longer to get the promotion or is there a flaw in their system?
rediornot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rediornot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 10:30am
entered codes on the forum?

phanteks ethoo pro msi z170a m7 i5-6600k 4.38ghz 16gb gskill ram deepcool capt 240 cooler asus 1080 x 8 strix evga 750gq toshiba 480&240 ssd benq2765 gskill 780r keyboard&mouse [email protected] #142900
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 11:22am
If it would help, mind calling in to tech support. We can assist you on the status of your McAfee voucher. So if you may at your earliest convince feel free to contact tech support.
Our contact information is located on the bottom of this page.

- Cyber_Tech2
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
wolf_835 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolf_835 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 6:33pm
I definitely will call tech support whenever possible. If there are any problems, I will be sure to return to this forum page and report more about it.
popimp315 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popimp315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 2:56pm
I will call bs on this. I've yet to receive my voucher. Was told (by tech support) i would receive it at the end of 3 separate business days and then told today that it won't be looked at until monday. I wouldn't even be in this situation had the person from tech support had me WIPE both drives because the newly purchased laptop decided to go into a just a moment bootloop on FIRST BOOT. I have been given the run around for 3 straight days and this is beyond ridiculous. I paid for something to be pre-installed on my computer and now i have to wait multiple days to receive.Angry
melrayman View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melrayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 7:24pm
I ordered my PC on 9/15 and we still have not received the email containing the link to the McAfee Antivirus protection.  I am extremely frustrated that we have had to operate a new computer for over a month with no antivirus protection because of this!  So, I re-registered the computer with a different email address today in the hopes the McAfee Antivirus protection will be sent correctly, but I don't have time to wait another two weeks for something I should have received before the end of September!  I am very concerned that so many other people are having the same issue and it seems like CyberpowerPC just doesn't want to honor the free year of antivirus. 

Angry
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 4:40am
Originally posted by melrayman melrayman wrote:

I ordered my PC on 9/15 and we still have not received the email containing the link to the McAfee Antivirus protection.  I am extremely frustrated that we have had to operate a new computer for over a month with no antivirus protection because of this!  So, I re-registered the computer with a different email address today in the hopes the McAfee Antivirus protection will be sent correctly, but I don't have time to wait another two weeks for something I should have received before the end of September!  I am very concerned that so many other people are having the same issue and it seems like CyberpowerPC just doesn't want to honor the free year of antivirus. 

Angry

McAfee Av is somewhat of a system hog.

Kind of silly waiting for "free" AV. So you put your system in danger waiting for something "free". Microsoft has a free AV that is not just a year subscription. >>>>> http://https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/pc-security/microsoft-security-essentials.aspx

Take control. Also good to start "your own" thread and not post on one several months old.........................
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 6:15am
Agree. If someone gave me a free 5 years of McAffee, I wouldn't install it.

Use Microsoft's free solution. Google "Microsoft Security Essentials".

Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 9:38am
We do apologize for any inconvenience, however McAfee is mailed out to you, not emailed. I highly recommend calling in so we can check on the status of voucher and determine the cause of the delay.
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
Gaspar View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaspar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 7:50pm
yea i'm having the exact same issue 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic