FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free McAfee Promotion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Francois_Le View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Francois_Le Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:41am
So I Entered the free antivirus Plus McAfee and i checked many times but it said i put in the code wrong and I call McAfee they said they cant do anything about it so i was wondering if you guys can do something about this if you guys can please do so thanks!
ssskelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:27am
Since this is a little bit of a thread necro, let me add a couple notes about Mcafee.

First, it's dramatically better than it used to be in terms of detection. In 2016 I wouldn't have touched it with a 10ft pole, but it's a top performer by most detection tests following their updates in 2018. The price is right with the multiple device coverage, and if you get it for the $5 promo... well all that much nicer.

Updates come out quickly (which isn't the case w/Windows Defender). It's still going to put more of a load on your system than the most efficient products, but it's not the system killing bloatware it used to be by any stretch.

Some data from a trusted test resource: https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/ 

I hope to do some of my own testing with Mcafee within the next couple months, and I'll post on here when I get that finished up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic