Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Internet Security ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
johnnyhenderson View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyhenderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Internet Security ?
    Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:52am
Hi all,
Copied to clipboard!

For my home security, what is the best Free internet security on the market? I know there is nothing 100%, even paid versions. I've had Norton for years and happy with it but tired of paying for security. I have read that Comodo Suite and Zone Alarm along with Avast or other AV programs are good options. How does Windows Defender stack up against ZA or others? I am running Windows 10. I am just wanting some professional opinions.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/free-internet-security/

Copied to clipboard!

Edited by johnnyhenderson - 18 Sep 2017 at 6:43am
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:17am
I have been using Windows Defender and have had no issues. But I am well aware of threats and how to avoid them.

AVG is rated well. I heard Kapresky has a new free program for the hijack and ransom sites.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

sampe View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sampe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 8:20am

I recommend Windows Defender. It is free, stable, and reliable. What more do you need? I will admit that I am using McAfee at the moment, but I had no problems when I used Windows Defender in the past. It is certainly better than having nothing actively monitoring your system.

Hoducts
A blog covering next generation consumer products in the technology and lifestyle categories.
Am3ro View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Am3ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:18am
Windows Defender is pretty good, but still i use Avast, and neve had any problems :)

Edited by Am3ro - 06 Dec 2017 at 11:40pm
Shezy View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:19am
I would recommend Avira as free internet security solution. Web-shield is provided by avira browser safety extension, if you are using avira free. In Avira there is no kind of behavioural blocked (some heuristics though, called APC). There is no real need of any behavioural blocker, considering all new suspicious executables are uploaded to the cloud for an instant analysis.

The problem comes if avira doesn't recognise a new file as suspicious (it won't upload it), or if protection cloud is unable to recognise malicious code in the sample uploaded (rare though).

Avira is really good at default settings, no need to tweak it. Avast is a good product and have more user friendly features, but you have to enable PUP detection, which is disabled by default and hardened mode (can cause some false positives) for better protection.

Though there are many other best free antivirus solutions available, it depends according to your need that which one will suit you more may be you need paid at times as I also use the Paid version of Bitdefender total security which is a fully integrated system.

I set it up and set to "Autopilot" and rarely hear from it, or even know it's running, except for a weekly report and a few Anti-ransomware alerts, any new program will be prevented from writing to, or modifying, any "protected" areas, until I review and allow it

As a complete system it is unlimited devices and works with Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS devices so provides a multi-point defence against threats getting onto my systems

Edited by Shezy - 13 Jun 2018 at 3:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic