Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Internet Security ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
johnnyhenderson View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyhenderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Internet Security ?
    Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 6:52am
Hi all,
Copied to clipboard!

For my home security, what is the best Free internet security on the market? I know there is nothing 100%, even paid versions. I've had Norton for years and happy with it but tired of paying for security. I have read that Comodo Suite and Zone Alarm along with Avast or other AV programs are good options. How does Windows Defender stack up against ZA or others? I am running Windows 10. I am just wanting some professional opinions.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/free-internet-security/

Copied to clipboard!

Edited by johnnyhenderson - 18 Sep 2017 at 6:43am
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:17am
I have been using Windows Defender and have had no issues. But I am well aware of threats and how to avoid them.

AVG is rated well. I heard Kapresky has a new free program for the hijack and ransom sites.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

sampe View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sampe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 8:20am

I recommend Windows Defender. It is free, stable, and reliable. What more do you need? I will admit that I am using McAfee at the moment, but I had no problems when I used Windows Defender in the past. It is certainly better than having nothing actively monitoring your system.

Hoducts
A blog covering next generation consumer products in the technology and lifestyle categories.
Am3ro View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Am3ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:18am
Windows Defender is pretty good, but still i use Avast, and neve had any problems :)

Edited by Am3ro - 06 Dec 2017 at 11:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic