Order online or Call (800)707-0393
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

first PC problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
powerpeter View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerpeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first PC problems
    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 2:39pm
Hi all,

I recently bought a PC with AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.5ghz
16gb DDR4 Memory
AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT 6GB
500 GB PCI-E NVME SSD
1TB HDD

idk what half of that means but I think it is of value. My computer randomly restarts itself while in use. Doesn't matter if I am on the computer gaming, on email or just looking at it. I bought this computer 40 days ago and it has done this to be about five times. I called Cyberpower PC and they said it likely isn't worth sending in because they most likely won't be able to replicate it if it happens so rarely. I find that completely unacceptable. I need to know, what can I do? My days are counting down to get this exchanged and I don't see a better option at this point, but once that happens who's to say it won't happen to that computer..thoughts? I ran the windows memory diagnostic and it came back clear.

Mageman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mageman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 3:32pm
Did you buy it from here or a amazon or box store??? 
Heed most of the advise you get from forums! Do your research and make educated decision!
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerpeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 3:35pm
Bestbuy. I called geeksquad and they said its a known issue with this computer and to bring it in. I brought it in today and they said that CyberPower Pc wouldn't let them take it in, I instead would have to send it to Cyberpower PC. Thats when I called Cyberpowerpc.

Edited by powerpeter - 05 Jan 2021 at 3:37pm
Mageman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mageman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 3:42pm
I would return it and order directly from here... but will take 30 to 60 days to get........the box store models get std./generic parts in them that fail/malfunction more often......or just return it and get another of the same and try your luck......... let us know what happens
Heed most of the advise you get from forums! Do your research and make educated decision!
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerpeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 4:06pm
What is this a problem with in the computer? As in, which piece? Why shouldn't I just replace that part?

Secondly, what are the long-term (if any) damages of a computer that randomly restarts? Is it running proper shut down sequences? Or is it performing as if I have done a force shutdown?

I ask because although its concerning and frustrating, as uncommon as they've been, if they aren't damaging my computer, I can get used to them..
Mageman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mageman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 5:25pm
If it is from the PSU (power supply unit) yes it can damage your machine..........could be something really simple as well, even harder to sometimes track down
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic