FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faulty GPU, Damaged PCIe slot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crimsonradio View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimsonradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faulty GPU, Damaged PCIe slot
    Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 6:25pm
So I got my computer in last night. GPU was DOA. I get it, stuff happens. So I called tech support and they said the would RMA it. I removed the GPU and started checking everything to make sure their are no other issues. I noticed the PCIe slot was floating and had bent pins. I called tech support again and they said they would change the RMA. I asked him what I should do because I didn't want to reinsert the video card and put pressure on the PCIe slot. So I get transferred to another tech guy to answer that question. No problem. This tech guy wants me to push on the PCIe slot with my thumb. I told him that doing so would most certainly damage the pins. He said it's fine because I would be getting a new motherboard anyway. So I did as he said and sure enough, it crushed pins so I could re insert the GPU for shipment. My concern here is that I don't want to get blamed for the crushed pins and have my warranty voided. I did as I was asked even after voicing my concern. If an admin reads this please help.
NY gamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY gamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 7:25pm
I've never even seen a pciE slot with bent pins.....I believe you though...

I've seen some weird stuff with pc's, my best friend owns a pc repair shop.

You did the right thing posting about it here.  Let us know how Cyberpower takes care of you.
Professional Reviewer, owner of many pc's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic