FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extra fans?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eliamyr View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliamyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extra fans?
    Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 12:59pm
Im planning on doing a build with the Lian-Li PC-O11 and the case doesn't have any fans. I'm not sure if by picking CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (6 x WHITE (Push-Pull) Tt Riing 12 Series Case/Radiator Fans) will replace the Corsair fans or add 6 more. What should I do?

Edit:

Edited by eliamyr - 18 Feb 2019 at 1:02pm
Aeropostle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:43pm
That selection would remove the Corsair fans and would replace them with the Thermaltake fans you have selected.  Really, you do not need push-pull on a 360 mm radiator.  I have the hottest 220 watt processer AMD ever made (excluding threadripper) and it has never had a problem with the CoolerMaster Seidon 240mm Radiator running single stock CoolerMaster fans.  5 years old and still doesnt overheat.  240mm and 360 mm don't require push pull configurations.  You can but its unecessary.
System 1: Ryzen 5 2600 Asus Prime 350B 16 Gigs Corsair DDR4 3200 Radeon His Ice2 R9-280x
System 2. Intel 8700k Asus Prime with Strix RTX 2060
Davester9 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davester9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:50pm
I have this case.  I ordered some fans and they did not replace the fans that came with the Liquid Cooling System.  If you order 6 additional fans and a liquid cooler, you will get the fans that come with the cooling system and the 6 others you ordered.  If you order the 6-fan push/pull setup, that's what you get.  Three on each side of the radiator.  This case will take 6 more fans on top of that.  I have three on the bottom pushing air up and into the case and three on the top pulling air up and out of the case.  The other fans are vertical on the forward left side of the case.  Here's a photo:

http://imgur.com/a/ZSKLfB8

I have a push/pull configuration also.  It does help with the punishment I put my CPU through.  :)

Edited by Davester9 - 18 Feb 2019 at 6:54pm
eliamyr View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliamyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Aeropostle Aeropostle wrote:

That selection would remove the Corsair fans and would replace them with the Thermaltake fans you have selected.  Really, you do not need push-pull on a 360 mm radiator.  I have the hottest 220 watt processer AMD ever made (excluding threadripper) and it has never had a problem with the CoolerMaster Seidon 240mm Radiator running single stock CoolerMaster fans.  5 years old and still doesnt overheat.  240mm and 360 mm don't require push pull configurations.  You can but its unecessary.

Now that is perfect to know. Thanks!
eliamyr View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliamyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Davester9 Davester9 wrote:

I have this case.  I ordered some fans and they did not replace the fans that came with the Liquid Cooling System.  If you order 6 additional fans and a liquid cooler, you will get the fans that come with the cooling system and the 6 others you ordered.  If you order the 6-fan push/pull setup, that's what you get.  Three on each side of the radiator.  This case will take 6 more fans on top of that.  I have three on the bottom pushing air up and into the case and three on the top pulling air up and out of the case.  The other fans are vertical on the forward left side of the case.  Here's a photo:

http://imgur.com/a/ZSKLfB8

I have a push/pull configuration also.  It does help with the punishment I put my CPU through.  :)

Now that looks siiiiiick. I might buy some of the ML120's and switch out the ones I pick with the case. Hopefully when I order it they decide to install them like that. 
Aeropostle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 8:38pm
Just for clarity, it depends on how you order.  Under the build sheet, there are options to add extra case fans then when you select the cooling solution, theres an additional drop down menu on the radiator itself.  If you use the drop down menu on the radiator selection then they replace the radiator fans with what you selected.  If you add fans in the other area of the build then select standard fans on the radiator you get your additional fans along with whatever fans the radiator came with.  

I had to reach out to cyberpower when I bought my first machine.  I ordered the Asetek 240mm cooler along with "standard red led generic fans."  They ended up out of stock and switched out the cooler for a CoolerMaster Seidon 240 then installed their own generic fans.  I was a little peeved to find the generic red led's mounted on the radiator.  Cyberpower sent me the correct Coolermaster fans along with the coolermaster fan header splitter so both correct Cooler Master fans could be hooked up directly to the Motherboard.  They came through with the correct fans and I was happy once I fixed it.  The generic 120s then went to the floor of my case where I originally wanted them to go.  So my case has two 140mm in the front blowing in, two 120mm red fans on the floor blowing in and up with 1 140mm rear blowing out the back and the 240 radiator blowing up and out of the case.

Sic pic on that build BTW.  
System 1: Ryzen 5 2600 Asus Prime 350B 16 Gigs Corsair DDR4 3200 Radeon His Ice2 R9-280x
System 2. Intel 8700k Asus Prime with Strix RTX 2060
eliamyr View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliamyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Aeropostle Aeropostle wrote:

Just for clarity, it depends on how you order.  Under the build sheet, there are options to add extra case fans then when you select the cooling solution, theres an additional drop down menu on the radiator itself.  If you use the drop down menu on the radiator selection then they replace the radiator fans with what you selected.  If you add fans in the other area of the build then select standard fans on the radiator you get your additional fans along with whatever fans the radiator came with.  

I had to reach out to cyberpower when I bought my first machine.  I ordered the Asetek 240mm cooler along with "standard red led generic fans."  They ended up out of stock and switched out the cooler for a CoolerMaster Seidon 240 then installed their own generic fans.  I was a little peeved to find the generic red led's mounted on the radiator.  Cyberpower sent me the correct Coolermaster fans along with the coolermaster fan header splitter so both correct Cooler Master fans could be hooked up directly to the Motherboard.  They came through with the correct fans and I was happy once I fixed it.  The generic 120s then went to the floor of my case where I originally wanted them to go.  So my case has two 140mm in the front blowing in, two 120mm red fans on the floor blowing in and up with 1 140mm rear blowing out the back and the 240 radiator blowing up and out of the case.

Sic pic on that build BTW.  

Yeah that is what I'm afraid of. But I'll just go for 6x Enermax and if I feel the need to get better fans I'll just buy the ML120's. I really appreciate you guys for clearing this up for me. It has been bothering me for weeks!
Davester9 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davester9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 5:17pm
Just to be on the safe side, given what Aero said happened to him, I'd go with his advice and err on the side of caution. If I'm not mistaken, there is a space in the ordering process for you to write in some instructions.  Might help if you make it as clear as possible.  :)
eliamyr View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliamyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Davester9 Davester9 wrote:

Just to be on the safe side, given what Aero said happened to him, I'd go with his advice and err on the side of caution. If I'm not mistaken, there is a space in the ordering process for you to write in some instructions.  Might help if you make it as clear as possible.  :)

I'm definitely gonna do that and use this post as reference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic