FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Experience with Cyberpowerpc?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
albertgilmore View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertgilmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Experience with Cyberpowerpc?
    Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:28am
I was planning on getting a gaming computer for the summer and after some searching I found that I came to like at a fairly reasonable price. My question is this, I have gotten mixed reviews and I just wanted some more feedback on shipping/delivery and your overall satisfaction with their product. Is their website safe/reliable? Is the tech support any good? I saw some of their computers on newegg, and that is a good website so does that mean cyberpower is good as well? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!
Update: Yeah I know about building the PC, I'm just not very good with that kind of stuff and am just looking at other options for now. I would really like if someone had hands on experience from the website.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 5:04am
You will here many horror stories about CP.

A good part of them are from people not coming here and asking questions first about a build. They may also order an off the shelf system from a third party, bad way to go. The one that gets me is they buy a system, a part goes out and they jump CP. CP just builds systems, they don't make the components (less the junk PSU's). SOme get damaged in transit and CP gets the blame.

Don't get me wrong, CP is by far not perfect. There 2 biggest issues are;

1) Customer service. They have been know have a long way to go here. Getting a timely response or a nice person on the phone can be hard. Sometimes just getting them to answer the phone (and not be on hold) can be a task.

2) QC, these issues a a lot fewer, but do happen. NEVER order a rush systems. Give them the time they need to build it. Get the ultra care packing plan to protect it from UPS when shipping. Get the extended warranty it you ship it. CP has a "posted" 30 day free RMA from the time the invoice is created. SO when you get it you may only have 2 weeks or so to find out if you have an issues and request and RMA (even for a single component). Beyond that you would have to pay for shipping. The extended warranty gets you a full year of free shipping.

You have to realize these are not your typical off the shelf cookie cutters like Dell or HP, that are repeated so often all the problems are mostly ironed out. CP has so many part possibilities it's mind boggling.

The best way to minimize problems is start a thread in the build section. Post your max budget and what the system is for, or post what you are looking it (full build specs.). The membership will chime in with suggestions for a solid build with quality parts.

Many of us here have multiple CP systems. I have 6 over about 8 years now. I had issues with 2 of them and all was resolved. There are a few horror stories that I would say are no fault of the buyer. These are really few and far in between, if you take the time as I mentioned. A lot of them are from people who don't research or make stupid mistakes or assumptions then blow up at CP for it.

P.S. since these are not cookie cutters, it is good if you have a basic knowledge on how to diagnose problems or swap part. The membership is also here to help. 

Edited by GAN1957 - 13 Nov 2018 at 5:08am
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

dhatchett View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhatchett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:56am
I am NOOOOOO pro at picking out equipment or upgrading BUT that being said I like a machine that has separate components which is hard to find/almost impossible at some place like Walmart or Best Buy. I ordered my hubby a computer today and although I did some tweaks, there were a few things I didn't change because I either had NO IDEA what was better, if we needed it or if it fit our budget. Now I am just going to cross and fingers and toes.

All and all this is what I can say. After our experience with the past 2 PC's, and they are both 10 yrs old+, when we decided to bite the bullet to begin replacing our old ones we came running back to Cyberpower. Our machines have been VERY reliable and mine is still running smooth with no issues. QUICK...LET ME KNOCK ON WOOD! When we ordered the previous two they were separate orders and both came very well packaged. Both were built clean and solid. We made sure of that by opening up each one and inspecting for any debris or loose connections before we ever set it up. Both times we were 100% satisfied. 

I also agree with  GAN 1957 one should try to learn all they can before a purchase BUT at the same time you run into opinions that may/will differ making this process even more tasking on the nerves. I just feel no matter if you customize the build or not you are still going to get a more solid machine here than off any shelf at your local store. I also might add buying any machine anywhere can have issues, that is why I would rather buy straight from a company that builds for a living. I also noticed Cyber has improved the length of their warranties. Ten yrs ago it was a 1 yr warranty and now it is 3yrs. 

Thats my 2 cents which pretty much amounts to 2 pennies worth.....good luck.
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 12:13pm
Just give us a price. What do you want you want to use this PC for? There are some very helpful people here.
And no... we aren't on the payroll.

Brohm View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brohm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 2:31pm
2 custom desktops and 1 custom laptop.  Do not buy a laptop.  I paid for a high end laptop from CyberPower and it is failing after 1.5 years of use.  1 year warranty out (should have known better).  Tech told me they could not help and to contact the manufacturer instead (insert random wtf company here)... 
Gmal1980 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gmal1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 6:16am
Its been really good and easy to customize my pc the way I want. 10/10
luckett View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 3:32pm
Cooling fan failed after 1 month.
Hard drive just failed 1 year and 4 days (4 days after warranty)
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:07am
A hard drive failure is not CPPC's fault.

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Peregrine Peregrine wrote:

A hard drive failure is not CPPC's fault.

Mostly any component failure is not CP's fault. They only assemble. It amazes me how people blame CP when a component CP did not make fails. People pick cheap components offered and wonder why they fail, in most cases.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Sabtoker View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabtoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 4:22pm
test
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic