FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nnicx View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnicx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drivers
    Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 1:30pm
Hello Im thinking of buying the a cyberpower pc off of amazon and was just wondering if when it arrives in the mail and i get it will it have all the nesassary drivers al ready installed or will i have to go and install they myself, im new to pcs and dont know how to install the drivers if i have to do it myself 

Aeropostle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:21pm
Members don't recommend the E-tail Retail prebuilds. Buying the prebuilds is not recommended because the various internals are not necessarily as good as the "custom" pc's .  Lower brand RAM and Lesser quality power supplies often come in the prebuilds.  There are many different builds available on the website and are easy to configure.  What is your budget? Also, what is your primary use of a PC?  Is it mainly for gaming and entertainment or business and productivity?

As far as Amazon goes, you buy anything from them, they give you the shipping choice and you can track the product you bought.  Tmelines determined by your shipping method and what warehouse its shipping out of.

Any PC thats been sitting in storage a while will need updates.  Windows 10 has finally streamlined the driver updates to where most can be updated automatically.  There are tons of you tube videos for step by step updating too.
System 1: Ryzen 5 2600 Asus Prime 350B 16 Gigs Corsair DDR4 3200 Radeon His Ice2 R9-280x
System 2. Intel 8700k Asus Prime with Strix RTX 2060
nnicx View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnicx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 12:17pm
Okay thanks ill be sure to check if they need any updates but when i first boot up my pc for the first time when it arrives will it have all the audio drivers and the OS already installed or will i have to do those myself 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:59pm
The OS image could be older so it may need Windows updates right from the start.  I would recommend running Speccy or HW 64 info to find all the components installed then check on the manufacturer's websites to get the latest and greatest drivers.
  If it comes with a Cyberpower exclusive motherboard they have drivers listed on their web page.

Once again, I wouldn't recommend any of the box store retail versions. For around the same budget you can order one through here custom built.
System 1: Ryzen 5 2600 Asus Prime 350B 16 Gigs Corsair DDR4 3200 Radeon His Ice2 R9-280x
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 5:01am
Boy not listening. Never bu an off the shelf CP system from "any" third party seller.

You never know what you getting. Post what you are looking at (from this site). Post full build specs and what the system is for. The membership will chime in and make suggestions for a solid build less the junk parts you often get with third party sales.

All CP systems will have MOBO driver disks, you use when you fire a system up. Go to the GPU manufactures site and get the latest GPU drivers.

First boot list.

Take plenty of pictures before during & after the unboxing in case there is damage.

Remove all packing, verify all components are seated & plugged in.

Connect monitor, keyboard, mouse and internet only.

Fire it up, finish OS install, GPU drivers & MOBO drivers. Register the OS.

Download Speed Fan or HWI monitor and run during all tests to monitor temps. 
All the programs listed are free, make sure you download directly from their site
or at someplace like Major Geeks.

Download and create a bootable flash drive or CD of Memtest. Run it to verify your RAM has no errors. 
A bad sector or 2 can cause all sorts of weird issues. If it passes move on. If not find the bad stick 
and temporarily remove it.

Download and run Intel Burn In on standard, for a general stress test.

Download and run Furmark to stress the GPU.

If all is well update the OS and drivers.

Install your most used programs. 

Now I suggest "cloning" your HD and re-clone every few months or so. Then just disconnect the clone drive.
I have found out the hard way what you need to go through if a C drive fails and the multiple days
it takes to get set up again. If something does happen in minutes your back up and running
with a minimal amount of data to get back.

If you decide not to clone, at least make a set of recovery disks or back up your drive.

Finish installing printers, etc.

Your ready to go.  

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:07pm
Thanks Gan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic