FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Driver issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vayliss View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vayliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driver issues
    Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:01am
Okay for starters this has not been a good experience for me at all. I ordered a Fangbook III Hx6-200. I payed for next day processing. It took five. Then I get my machine and instead of no OS (Like I ordered) they put win10 on it. So I call tech support and all they will tell me is that i just need to put in my win7 disk and it should take care of it self. WRONG!  Im a computer repair tech and I have been one for 30 years. I KNOW it is never that easy. And Since I do this crap for a living I pull win10 out myself. And as per ALWAYS with WIN10 it rips the drivers for lan, wan, audio and this time.... my video card out! My systems doesn't even see the Geforce GTX 960 video card. So I contact online support for drivers because all they sent me is a win10 only driver disk. Well online support tells me that they can get me a link to all the drivers i need. 15 minutes later they come back with "email this guy" your config is so new we don't have driver links set up for it yet. Email sent no reply as per yet. So here I am. My system still doesn't even know I got a vid card and I am still missing drivers for my LAN and audio. I have tried the Nvidia site to try and fix the vid card issue. No luck their software keeps telling me that I do not have a nvida anything......
rediornot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rediornot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 2:55pm
if you have an NVidia card you can go to the NVidia GeForce experience and fill in the blanks there and it will select the appropriate drivers for you. for my other drivers mine is updated by slimcleaner plus by slimware.
phanteks ethoo pro msi z170a m7 i5-6600k 4.38ghz 16gb gskill ram deepcool capt 240 cooler asus 1080 x 8 strix evga 750gq toshiba 480&240 ssd benq2765 gskill 780r keyboard&mouse [email protected] #142900
Vayliss View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vayliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:08pm
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic