FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does Cyberpower build with Used parts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Viesta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does Cyberpower build with Used parts?
    Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:44pm
Was wondering if cyberpower would use pre-used parts when building my comp ?

CyberFAIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:46pm
Possibly, but of course they will deny.  How else can the prices be so "good"? 
btw - they WILL use used parts when they have to repair your rig, assuming they will be willing to make the repair and not blame you or shipping.

Edited by CyberFAIL - 10 Apr 2012 at 11:28pm
brandonvi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandonvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 1:16am
the main way they keep prices down is with low quality parts

the stardard ram they sell is crap it has a much higher % rate of problems then if you buy one of the name brand rams they offer

the Power supplys are in fact the #1 problem on cyberpower because of the low quality units they sell as the "Standard" these are a LARGE part of the money savings vs other brands because this is $80-100 less then a quality unit of the same wattage

as far as preused that depends on what your going to call preused
is it 3 year old parts they got from somewhere (no they will not do this since all of the parts they sell are with in 2 years old for example the GTX 560 or AMD 6850 where not around 2 years ago for them to get an old one like that)
are you going to call preused something that they installed in another computer order was cancled (in this case i would 100% think they would reuse it as there is really nothing wrong with the part inless it being broke was why the comptuer was sent back)
Intel [email protected]
Gigabyte X58 Ga-EX58UD5
Coolermaster V8
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3
EvgaGTX 260 superclocked
In-Win Maelstrom
Intel 320 160GB
2-1TB HD raid 0
Windows 7 pro 64-bit
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 5:05am
brandonvi

I was under the impression that CP also used "refurb" parts.

If so in my opinion these would be used parts also, even though they have a full factory warranty. Kinda like buying a new or used car, warranty may be there but it sure the heck is not new.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

jhughes2466 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhughes2466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:03am
There really is no way to tell unless you had a problem. Awhile back I read in the support section where a guy went to warranty his GPU and the company told him that part did not have the standard warranty because it was a refurbished part. He raised hell, posted on here, and got his replaced through CyberPowerPC through an exhaustive and time wrenching couple of months.

Many times a refurbished part will only come with a 30 day or occasionally a year warranty through the manufacturer. So after your 30 day warranty is up with CP you are forced to deal with the manufacturer, which completely has discretion in that matter.

No longer do even companies like XFX give double lifetime warranties.
Computer Advice - To Learn, simply click
For the people, by the people
Cyber_sales View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_sales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:45am
We never use second hand parts for any build.  We only use second hand for parts replacement if new parts are no longer unavailable.
brandonvi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandonvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Cyber_sales Cyber_sales wrote:

We never use second hand parts for any build.  We only use second hand for parts replacement if new parts are no longer unavailable.
that would make since you cant really get a GTX 260 anymore if i needed one for warranty (althow i think i am out of warranty now)
Intel [email protected]
Gigabyte X58 Ga-EX58UD5
Coolermaster V8
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3
EvgaGTX 260 superclocked
In-Win Maelstrom
Intel 320 160GB
2-1TB HD raid 0
Windows 7 pro 64-bit
CyberFAIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Cyber_sales Cyber_sales wrote:

What about the guy that tried to register the parts in his new rig and was told by at least one manufacturer that the serial number was already registered?
Viesta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 9:31pm
How do you register parts?
CyberFAIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Viesta Viesta wrote:

How do you register parts?

Go to the manufacturers website, such as Corsair, or Western Digital, and you should find a tab to register product. You'll need the parts model and serial number. If CyberPower can't provide you with this info, you'll need to open the case and get them yourself.

One problem you might face is you need to provide a purchase date, AND to place a claim, you need to provide an invoice. Maybe the CyberPower invoice will work, if it itemizes the brand and model number in your build.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic