FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cyberpowerpc slc9880

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shadowwalker413 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowwalker413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cyberpowerpc slc9880
    Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 8:10am
Hi I'm new here and a little new to Gaming pc's I am getting a cyberpowerpc slc9880 and trying to get more info on it and see one up any running there's no unboxing video's or anything about that pc as my system is not here yet and I got it off Fingerhut does anyone know or have more info on it thanks ahead of time

Wally

Edited by Shadowwalker413 - 05 Nov 2017 at 10:31am
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 4:13pm
CyberPowerPC BattleBox Essential Liquid Cool SLC9880 Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD + 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 10 Home      

It is a big box store generic build for many stores. 

We at the custom forum advise you see if it has a trusted PSU when you get it.  

The system itself is an I7 with a 6gb GTX 1060 so its not crap. Just check that PSU before you power it up.                       
Overclocked I5 , Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse 8gb
16gb of Corsair Vengeance ram
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 4:39am
Oh man, like Crawler stated. Never get an off the shelf system.

Check that PSU and I would run Memtest to check the RAM while still under warranty. They often install lower end RAM.

Anyone reading this, don't buy an off the shelf system. Come here and in the build section start a thread. Post you max budget and what your system is for. The membership will chime in with suggestions for a solid build and maybe even save you some cash. At least 5% with a checkout code.

I would never suggest these small form factor systems. They are hard to upgrade and hard to cool. My best suggestion is to return it, come back and post & get a desktop.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 7:30am
BattleBox is just an NVIDIA promo line w/ 1 or 2 great deal starting bases, using the same case selection as all other builds here, its not SFF. Their entry model would be a fantastic starting base if it had free shipping.

Agreed never buy off the shelf, save cash, get promos/freebies, discounts, and much better quality parts (PSU/RAM, etc) on here. I always thought Fingerhut was a big ripoff anyway.
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic