Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CPU Voltage issues with Build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SFMMT2014 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFMMT2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CPU Voltage issues with Build
    Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 9:48pm
Hi Guys, I bought and recently received a PC build from Cyberpower. Yesterday I started receiving warnings on the Motherboard (Gigabyte x299 Designare) software called SIV, which among many things monitors Temperatures and voltage and creates alerts if anything is outside of the normal range.

The warning I was receiving was that the voltage on the Internal CPU Vcore was showing a approx .25V reading, which is  outside of the acceptable ranges (.5V-1.7V)  The was happening as I was editing video on Adobe Premier Pro

Right after I started receiving the warning my computer went to a Blue Screen error and listed "whea uncorrectable error" as a error.

This happened a few times and I tried a google search for an answer and came across this page:  https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-hardware/WHEA-UNCORRECTABLE-ERROR-on-Gigabyte-x299-and-Skylake-X-SOLVED-1042/

Basically it suggested that I go into the Bios and set the Internal CPU Vcore to 1.2V

I did this and so far I haven't run into the blue screen error, but I do still get the Vcore alerts. However It seems like it goes into the below .5V category momentarily and then goes right back to around .9V

I've also gotten alerts that the CPU Mesh has been dipping below its acceptable range (1V-2.7V) however that to goes back up into acceptable range after a few seconds.

Sorry for the lengthy story. My main question I guess is weather the above mentioned solution a good solution (changing voltage to 1.2V) or will it damage the computer in some way. (I'm clueless when getting into this much)

Also, should I be worried that those two voltages keep dipping down, but then getting right back up into range, or is that not a cause for concern.

Here's the computer Specs:

• ASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ Dual Power Supply, USB 3.0, Blue LED, Side-Panel Window (White Color)

• CD Burner: ASUS 24X Internal multi DVD-Writer / 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R 

• COOLANT: Thermaltake High-Performance C1000 (Red) Opaque Vivid Color Coolant Series 

• CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-7980XE Eighteen-Core 2.60GHz 24.75MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2066 (Quad Channels) 

• Extra Fans : 3X 120mm Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case  (Red Color)

• FA_HDD: None

• FAN & Cooling System: Thermaltake Custom PETG Hard-Tube Water Cooling kit with 360mm Radiator, W2 CPU Block, D5 Reservoir+Pump  (3 x Standard 120MM Fans)

• HD_M2SSD: 120GB WD Green Series M.2 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 540/430 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 37/63k  (Single Drive)

• HD_PCIE1X_SSD: None

• HDD: 1TB Samsung 850 PRO Series SATA-III 6 GB/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 550/520 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 90/36k 

• MEMORY Ram: 64GB (16GBx4) DDR4/3200MHz Quad Channel Memory [+960] (GSKILL Ripjaws V)

• MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE AORUS X299 Gaming 9 ATX w/ RGB, Digital LED Support, 802.11ac, USB 3.1, 5 PCIe x16, 8 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready] 

• NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

• POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Corsair RMi Series RM1000i 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply 

• SOUND: ASUS STRIX SOAR 7.1 PCIe Gaming Sound Card 

• VIDEO Card:  1 PNY Nvidia Quadro M4000 Card
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 5:36am
Seems like a sensible thing to do. I have not heard of this one before. At first I was concerned you had a junk standard PSU. Thankfully not.

I would drop a line to Gigabyte about this. It may be something they are aware of. Possibly a BIOS upgrade is in order.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 4:44am
If Gigabyte has a known issue about this, they should have or be working on a patch. That would point away from the PSU being the problem.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic