Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cpu Usage Inquiry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jin2335 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jin2335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cpu Usage Inquiry
    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:38am
Hi, I just bought a new pc, I will link it below. It came in yesterday and I'm finally getting to game on it. What I am inquiring about is the cpu usage that I get out of gaming with it, I am new to pc gaming so it worries me. For a very long time I had been running with a stock dell xps 8300 pc with an aftermarket Radeon HD 7750 1GB graphics card and a stock Intel Core i7 (2nd Gen) 2600 / 3.4 GHz Quad Core. Even then when I played the games that I do now with that same card and cpu, I never saw my cpu usage get eaten up like it does not, so it concerns me a bit.  I'm not experiencing anything bad, my fps stays high, never any stuttering, no crashes, everything is smooth and the performance is top notch. The only thing is the noticebly high cpu usage that worries me. I don't know if it is exactly hurting anything or not. My Ram Usage never goes above 6.6 out of 8gb since I don't bother with max settings all the time. In addition, know that I have tested the cpu usage on all graphical settings, from the very lowest to the ultra and I still get the same results about 70-89 cpu usage while playing games like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege. It's not high in other games like Final Fantasy XIV, it sits around 30% max settings there. I run most of my games at 1600x900 windowed mode because I like monitoring everything, but I can do just fine with the same settings at 1080p, so know that. My GPU Temps sits around 60-76c and my cpu temps sit around 57-66c. No overclocking or anything done, just fresh out the box and plug N play. Here is the PC Below that I am using:

https://www.fingerhut.com/product/NNY27.uts

Edited by jin2335 - 08 Mar 2018 at 8:40am
jin2335 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jin2335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:58am
UPDATE: So, been testing. It seems that my usage goes down when I limit my fps tom my monitors refresh rate. My game Rainbow Six siege is running at 152 fps on ultra settings. It gives me 80-90 gpu usage then. If I limit it to my monitor which is locking the fps at 60. My Usage goes down to 40-50s, this makes me feel much more comfortable <3 ^_^
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic