Go to CyberPowerPC Home, Cyberpower - Unleash The Power

Live Help
Need Help? We're here for you.
Order online or Call (800)707-0393
Live chat with a representative
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Constant BSOD and software crashes. PLEASE HELP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constant BSOD and software crashes. PLEASE HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 8:40pm
I also got a couple of more BSOD that occurred over the past two days, just in case any of these can give some insight on a potential problem:

On Sat 11/16/2013 4:34:29 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111513-5990-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75B80)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x8D, 0x32A242, 0x510004, 0xFFFFF68000007ED3)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 11/16/2013 4:34:29 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x8D, 0x32A242, 0x510004, 0xFFFFF68000007ED3)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 11/16/2013 1:17:55 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111513-5974-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC000001D, 0xFFFFF8000318D6DC, 0xFFFFF8800D19EDA0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Fri 11/15/2013 11:39:25 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111513-5896-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: e22w7x64.sys (0xFFFFF88007FD2FA0)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF880216A6000, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88007FD2FA0)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\e22w7x64.sys
product: Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
company: Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.
description: Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: e22w7x64.sys (Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.).
Google query: Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Fri 11/15/2013 9:11:57 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111513-6006-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x122F)
Bugcheck code: 0x10E (0x1F, 0xFFFFF8A00B6CA060, 0x0, 0x1EF5FA)
Error: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video memory manager has encountered a condition that it is unable to recover from.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 11/15/2013 4:02:13 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111413-11497-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5003, 0xFFFFF70001080000, 0x98D, 0x98F0000131E)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

PlaneGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlaneGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 9:37am
Well almost all of them say memory corruption, so make sure to run Memtest. If you have any sticks of RAM lying around, put those in and see if the problem persists. Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for all of your hardware. There's a program called Driver Sweeper I think that will get remaining pieces of the driver off the system if they were left behind during the uninstall. Only do this if you are rolling back.

Edited by PlaneGuy - 16 Nov 2013 at 9:38am
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_XyQMi7fxYtgczKimW4MA
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 12:59pm
Thanks alot for the help guys. Sadly i passed out last night so i forgot to run a memtest.

If I am not able to remove one stick of ram to test them individually, I'm guessing running memtest with both sticks would still be able to tell me that they are corrupt, just not able to tell me which one i assume?
PlaneGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlaneGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 3:43pm
Yes it will tell you one, or both, are corrupt, but not which one. That's when you open the computer and test one at a time. Even if the first individual stick is corrupt, still put the second one in, just to be safe. Memtest can take awhile. My 16GB took 12 hours, so be prepared.
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 4:23pm
Lol alright. Thanks for the input. I'm planning on running it tonight before i go to sleep anyways, since this is my only source of entertainment.

Any tips on how to run memtest anyways, since this will be my first time. I installed it on an usb that i had lying around. I'm assuming i boot it from the usb in the bios? Any tutorials would be helpful since the most i find are booting from disks.
PlaneGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlaneGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 5:00pm
I put it on a disk and then just selected to boot from the disk in the BIOS, so it should be the same for the USB as long as you downloaded and followed the instructions for the bootable USB. Here is the instructions.

Edited by PlaneGuy - 16 Nov 2013 at 5:01pm
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 6:09pm
Alright, ill try to run that tonight, and i'll update with results in the morning. Hopefully it's either the ram or the os thats the problem since they would be a quick fix.
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 9:07am

Alright guys, just finished up the tests of my memtest i ran all throughout last night. Seems like I do have some corrupt ram. Results can be found HERE
So what are my choices from here other than buying new ram, or shipping it all the way back and possibly waiting another month before they fix it and ship it back to me?

Edited by aznMofo - 17 Nov 2013 at 10:47am
kaptainkeel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaptainkeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 9:24am
If you're confident enough in taking the back of your laptop off to get to the RAM, you could try each stick separately to see which one is the faulty one. If you can figure out that, you MIGHT be able to return just that stick to CPPC for a replacement, but I'm not sure of their policy on that with laptops. At least then you can still run your laptop with one stick of ram while waiting for the replacement. Other than that, there's not much you can do besides the two options you listed: Buying new memory which may or may not be the only problem, or shipping it back.

Edited by kaptainkeel - 17 Nov 2013 at 9:25am
Core i7 4770K to be OCed | NZXT Phantom 630 | Z87X-OC
soon R9-290X to be OCed | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600MHz to be OCed | 250GB Samsung 840 Pro
Cooler Master V1000 | Corsair H11
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 10:46am
I'm pretty confident with taking the ram off since I've done it multiple times, but I'm at away at University right now, so I have no tools to unscrew the back plates. As of right now im just sitting with both ram sticks in with no way of testing them individually unfortunately.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic