FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compatibility/Bottle-Necking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DomiNate_23 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DomiNate_23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compatibility/Bottle-Necking
    Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:24pm
Below is my specs for a recent PC build. I'm concerned if there are any compatibility/bottle-necking/cooling issues with this build or the case. I took one of the pre-built systems and just modified the case to the In-Win 303 and downgraded the processor by one generation. Please let me know if this is a solid build and whether or not it would have any issues.

VR Ready Deal RTX 2070 (NO MONITOR)

• *BASE_PRICE: [+1649]
  • BLUETOOTH: None
  • CABLE: None
  • CAS: IN WIN 303 Mid Tower High Air Flow Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Full Size Window [+13] (White Color)
  • CASUPGRADE: None
  • CC: None
  • CD: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake) [-124]
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • EVGA_POWER: None
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
  • FLASHMEDIA: None
  • FREEBIE_SSD: None
  • FREEBIE_VC1: Buy 2060 or 2070 and PICK ONE between BFV or Anthem [+0]
  • HDD: 240GB WD Green SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • HEADSET: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD: CyberpowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (GEIL EVO POTENZA)
  • MICROPHONE: None
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: CyberpowerPC Z370 SLI Xtreme ATX w/ RGB, 802.11ac WiFi, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready] [+9]
  • MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply [-14]
  • PRO_WIRING: None
  • PROJECTOR: None
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: GeForce® RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
  • VIVE_HEADSET: None
  • WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
  • _PRICE: (+1552)
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 5:41am
NEVER a "standard" PSU. You never know what you getting. CP throws in what they have the most of. If you end with a true "standard" instead of a name brand they provide uneven power (ripples) which is hard long term on all components. They have high failure rates and have been known to fry systems. Always select your brand. Thermaltake, Coolmaster, XFX, Evga, Corsair

If your not picking it up consider the ultra care packing to help protect your system from UPS.

I would not select a "Cyberpower" branded anything. When you do they buy and re-brand components. The specs in these may not be up to the same standards as a branded retail version of any manufacture. A member here found that our when they ordered the Geil Super Luce RAM. He went to upgrade with another 8 GB's and found out the retail specs were better than the CP branded.

Less the PSU & MOBO you have a solid build.

Use checkout code spring0410 or NORUSH for 5% off the total. Check other build bases. Sometimes just switching bases can save you some cash and make sure the base you use has free shipping.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic