Need Help? We're here for you.
Order online or Call (800)707-0393
Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing an order?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:26am
Originally posted by 896b14 896b14 wrote:

Hovering over the item reveals an orange block saying "more info". Clicking on that provides a larger picture. Scrolling down using the slider bar on the right reveals a more detailed description and dimensions under the picture.

Yes, that is the method I use to get more information.

It is interesting to note that whether the "Standard" fan or the alternative "Tt Riing" fan is chosen, the detailed information under the picture is the same!

When I ordered my system some moths ago, I made the mistake of leaving the Standard fan option checked.  I received standard CP $5.00 fans.  From posts on these forums, I believe that other purchasers have received the same.

Can anyone else confirm this or refute this?
896b14 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 896b14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:51am
Perhaps the price difference is in the LED lighting. Gamerstorm's website shows this product with fans that look generic, so Gamerstorm probably de-branded the fans to avoid confusion, but their description lists the fans as "Unique TF 120 double-blade fans" For the labor involved, I can't imagine CP swapping out fans.
ssskelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ssskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:37am

Quote It is interesting to note that whether the "Standard" fan or the alternative "Tt Riing" fan is chosen, the detailed information under the picture is the same!
The only content that dynamically changes on the page when you make the change is the price. My belief is that Cyberpower is trying to minimize their work with respect to all the different cooler & fan combos, and that's also why they use the term "standard" for all of the coolers as the default choice.

I've bought several systems, and I've always received the "stock" fans. In full disclosure though, they've all been Corsair.

I will leave it with this note. If Cyberpower lists a particular fan in the details, and they give you a cheaper one that's not legal. It's what's called 'bait and switch'. They either have to compensate you for the difference or receive prior approval for the substitution. 

Best of luck on your system.
896b14 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 896b14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 27 minutes ago at 6:07am
Waiting for my new system and getting excited about receiving it soon! 

One of the things I experienced in this journey was the cancelling of an order and placing a new one. A word of caution to any who may be thinking of cancelling: Waiting for the credit on my card to come through took quite some time. After 9 days I called Cyberpower to ask the status of the credit. They said they had processed it immediately, so I needed to contact my credit card issuer. I did not want that substantial amount rolling over into my next billing period so I had to dispute the charges. I think everything is going to be fine, but if you're cancelling keep an eye on your credit card statement closing date.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic