FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't Figure Out How To Remove HDD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
b2oo View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b2oo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't Figure Out How To Remove HDD
    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 8:28pm
So I have located the hard drive, but it's under a barrier, and I can't figure out how to open it. I have 

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8040A4 Desktop Gaming PC (Intel i7-7700 3.6GHz, AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD & Win 10 Home) Black. And here are pictures of the inside, https://imgur.com/kyHLpPr and https://imgur.com/clbBFWb anyway don't know what to do, can't tell whether or not to unscrew it, any help is greatly appreciated.

Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 12:44pm
I want to say it just slides forward or back. Or maybe tils up from the front edge in that pic. It looks like those little nubs at the top back are what hold it in place. Perhaps another pic of the part we can't see towards the left of the pic?

techpop View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techpop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 2:30am
I asked a techie friend to remove it for me but I think a screw is loose, try having it looked by a professional
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:16am
Originally posted by techpop techpop wrote:

I asked a techie friend to remove it for me but I think a screw is loose, try having it looked by a professional

OK your post makes no sense at all. Be intelligent or go away, these types of response do not help & make things harder for all of us.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:25am
Looks like this case makes no sense. It seems to have a "cable tray" where the wiring is ran through behind the MOBO. Most of these types you will need to remove the other side cover to get to things. Once you do I bet besides the wiring you can get to the HD.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

frightliners View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frightliners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:16am
Originally posted by GAN1957 GAN1957 wrote:

OK your post makes no sense at all. Be intelligent or go away, these types of response do not help & make things harder for all of us.

Outside of grammar I didn't see anything wrong with his post. Get over yourself. 
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 5:11am
Originally posted by frightliners frightliners wrote:

Originally posted by GAN1957 GAN1957 wrote:

Outside of grammar I didn't see anything wrong with his post. Get over yourself. 

Another idiot.

Read. He was not the original poster of the question.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic