FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Build Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Titaniumwulf View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titaniumwulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Build Review
    Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 8:49pm

QuestionBLUETOOTH:None

• CABLE: None
  • CARE1: Cooler Master Mastergel Maker CPU-Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
  • CAS: LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Mid-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered glass on the front & side (Black Color)
  • CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller [+12]
  • CC: None
  • CD: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel� Core� Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake) [-250]
  • CS_FAN: 6X 120mm Enermax T.B RGB Twister Bearing PWM Case Fans 500-1500 RPM w/ Remote Controller [+75]
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • EVGA_POWER: None
  • EXCD1: External USB DVDRW [+38]
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (2x CyberpowerPC 120mm Dual Light Loop ARGB 1200RPM Fans w/ Hub + Remote (Push-Pull) [+16])
  • FLASHMEDIA: All-in-One External USB 2.0 Card Reader/Writer (Black Color) [+11]
  • FREEBIE_CU1: Get Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Game and More [+0]
  • FREEBIE_SSD: 3TB (3TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
  • FREEBIE_VC1: Buy 2060 or 2070 and PICK ONE between BFV or Anthem [+0]
  • HDD: 1TB WD Blue Series SATA-III 6 GB/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 545/525 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/80k [-29] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • HEADSET: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC RGB 7 Color Premium Gaming Keyboard
  • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [+195] (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball Ice Plus And Play USB (Black Color) [+56] (BLACK)
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: Razer Firefly - Chroma lighting 16.8 million customizable color [Cloth Edition] Gaming Mouse Mat [+54]
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 w/ 802.11ac Wi-Fi, ARGB, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 (Key E) 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+159]
  • MOUSE: Syber M1 RGB 6200 dpi Optical Gaming Mouse [+34]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • NOISEREDUCE1: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
  • OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]
  • POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
  • PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
  • PROJECTOR: None
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: GeForce� RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] [-705] (Single Card)
  • VIDEOCAMERA1: Rocksoul 1080P HD Webcam USB 2.0 WK107SB [+19]
  • VIVE_HEADSET: None
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
  • WNC: Intel� Wireless-AC 9260 Wi-Fi 802.11ac Dual Band 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz up to 1.73Gbps + BT 5.0 w/ PCI-E Adapter & Dual Antennas [+29]
  • WTV: None

Hey, basically just building my second PC ever here.  Curious on what someone who knows a lot about this stuff could tell me about it.  I'm not sure if I need everything here or if anything makes something else useless.   Or if I should add anything else...not really looking to add much to my cost as it is USD and I am Canadian so it's already going to raise the price a solid 800+ on exchange rate alone.

• Edited by Titaniumwulf - 09 Feb 2019 at 8:59pm
    GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:57am
    Constant first mistakes. You didn't research the other multiple posts.

NEVER a standard PSU. These are junk, provide uneven power, have high failure rates and have been known to fry systems. Whenever you select "standard" that lets CP throw in whatever they may have. You may get lucky or you may get junk. Always select your components brand. A 750 watt PSU is fine. Thermaltake, EVGA, XFX, Corasir, Coolmaster.

Anti-vibe mounts a waste. They are rubber plugs that secure the fan to the case. If you fan vibrates you don't want it in you case period.

32 GB's of RAM is overkill for most everyone. If your doing 3D work, heavy multi-tasking or video editing OK. 16 GB's generally is fine. 

Don't let CP overclock. They tend to just ramp voltages up. Use the MOBO software to do a moderate OC yourself. Or look up some U tube videos on how to with your MOBO. If you ever reset your BIOS or flash it you will loose the OC anyway.

If you are shipping it get the ultra case packing plan to protect it from UPS. Also get the extended warranty. This gets you one full year of free shipping instead of just 30 days in case you ave any issues.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titaniumwulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:24am
    I actually read up on the power supplies after I posted lol.   I will definitely be switching it out.   Power supplies have been my main enemy other than motherboards crapping out on me.   If I'm gonna be getting a more expensive one though what do you think of this one?  1,600 Watts - LEPA G1600-MA 80 Plus Gold Certified Modular Power Supply  or 850 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply ...is there even a point to having 1600W?   or is that just gonna be more power on the bill?  Lol  again something I know nothing about really.
    I killed the Anti Vibe mounts.  makes sense.  32GB I only want because my last PC I had was 32GB ddr3.  Also my wifey does editing and I definitely do multi monitor multi tasking.  I almost went with 64gb but the priceline isn't worth it.

Killing the OC, do you know of a good video or place that I can go to for Overclocking myself?   My last PC was done professionally so I am a rookie for that altogether.

Thank you for the advise on the shipping and warranty.   Looking at the other posts yesterday there seems to be a lot of issues for sending stuff back and whatnot and also UPS, well I worked for them...so lets just say I know they don't give a sh*t about packages.   I just didn't know if the foam was another form of ripoff from these guys or what.

Thanks for the advice, if you would let me know between the two power supplies mentioned.   Thanks again!
    GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 5:31am
     1,600 watt PSU is massive overkill. The 850 watt Thermaltake is fine. I definitely like fully modular. Gold is just more efficient than a bronze.

Here is some info for your OC. >>> https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asrock-z390-phantom-gaming-9-atx-1151-motherboard,5909-2.html 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=25K9wpGUgeI 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOXH2YIMi2Y

Personally outside of bragging rights, I have no use for it with today's systems.

As far as the ultra care packing, sometimes CP will throw it in, the only way to be sure order it. Besides the low expanding foam inside the case. I believe they put the case inside another box with foam padding. At least that is what we got with our past systems.
    Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 7:47am
    1600 Watts?!?! OMFG. I can't believe they even make such a thing?!?

Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titaniumwulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 11:29am

I figured as much for the 1600.   Thank you very much for the OC info.   Useless with how good the PC's are now?   Muchly appreciate the packing info though man.  I definitely don't want a 2500+ PC to be damaged.   Good to know it is worth it though.   Anyways my Lady is an avid Gamer, also a photographer.  She is gonna be coming into money soon too for a PC.   Shes looking to spend between 1500-2000 and doesn't really care for looks although loves her Pink stuff.   Any suggestions on a build for her?   Custom and epic.   Feel free to throw me a couple build ideas for her.  Plz n thnx!

Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titaniumwulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:14pm
    Also, no premium warranty for Canadian Residents :(  blah.
    GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 5:12am
    IF she likes her pretty's try this.

$1,679.00, checkout code spring0410 or NORUSH gets the 5% off. Brings it to $1,596.00. Keep an eye on the build bases. They will throw in %50.00 or $100.00 off for a day. This one had the $100.00 of today for valentines day. I didn't check it.

Configuration#: 1L9WHU (http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1L9WHU)

*BASE_PRICE: [+1339]
    BLUETOOTH: None
    CABLE: None
    CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
    CAS: LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Mid-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered glass on the front & side [+26] (Black Color)
    CASUPGRADE: None
    CC: None
    CD: None
    COOLANT: None
    CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
    CS_FAN: 4X 120mm Gamdias AEOLUS M1 1204R ARGB Rifle Bearing Case Fans w/ Remote Controller for Light & Fan Speed [+36]
    ENGRAVING: None
    EVGA_POWER: None
    FA_HDD: None
    FAN: CoolerMaster MASTERLIQUID ML240R RGB 240mm Dual Chamber CPU Liquid Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+62]
    FLASHMEDIA: None
    FREEBIE_VC1: Buy 2060 or 2070 and PICK ONE between BFV or Anthem [+0]
    HDD: 240GB WD Green SSD + 1TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
    HDD2: None
    HEADSET: None
    INSTRUCTION: None
    IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
    KEYBOARD: None [-5]
    MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (GEIL Super Luce RGB)
    MICROPHONE: None
    MONITOR: None
    MOPAD: None
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]
    MOUSE: None [-3]
    NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
    POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply [+38]
    PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring + [Black] Phanteks Premium Extension Cables sleeved set [24Pin MB + 8Pin CPU + 6+2 Pin VGA] [+39]
    PROJECTOR: None
    PROMOSALE1: CyberpowerPC Elite M1 131 RGB 7-Color w/ 9 Button, adjustable Weight & lighting effects Gaming Mouse [+5]
    PROMOSALE2: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5]
    PROMOSALE3: ZALMAN ZM-HPS200 GAMING HEADSET [+5]
    RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days
    SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
    SLI_BRIDGE: None
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    SPEAKERS: None
    USBHD: None
    USBX: None
    VIDEO: GeForce® RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] [+93] (Single Card)
    VIVE_HEADSET: None
    WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
    WNC: None
    WTV: None
    _PRICE: (+1678)

Newcomer
    Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titaniumwulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 14 minutes ago at 9:50am
    Looks pretty epic, thanks man, she likes it, Ill throw the build here before we purchase for her, probably sometime from now.  But will definitely let you know the final result when it happens via sales and such.    Much appreciated.
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic