FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

BSOD "Memory Management"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gamingmom View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gamingmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSOD "Memory Management"
    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:01am
I bought my CyberPower PC at Walmart last month. Since the beginning I have been dealing with a Blue Screen of Death, with the error message "Memory Management" - usually while gaming/recording videos for YouTube. I tried a lot of things to fix it - ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool (found no errors), switched out the SATA cable, switched out the hard drive (I have a few lying around), reinstalled Windows, and finally I took out one of the 8GBs of RAM to see if I could just check them one at a time. Both report no errors when used alone, still, but when I only have one 8GB memory installed (either one, it seems to make no difference which is plugged in), the PC works fine with no errors. I played my games for hours last night (on medium graphics). So this morning I tried both again, and very quickly got the BSOD 'memory management' error again.

I have tried putting them in different slots too, it doesn't seem to make a difference which they're in, but haven't tried all the possible combinations.

I'm not finding much about this issue online - when both are plugged in, they're all recognised by Windows (in the task manager) and aren't reporting any errors. They're both identical - T-Force Vulcan Z 8GB, so shouldn't have any compatibility issues.

Any troubleshooting/support would be appreciated! I absolutely am loving my new PC, but this issue is making it unusable!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic