Go to CyberPowerPC Home, Cyberpower - Unleash The Power

Live Help
Need Help? We're here for you.
Order online or Call (800)707-0393
Live chat with a representative
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Broken Hinge? Customer Service Keeps HANGING UP.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broken Hinge? Customer Service Keeps HANGING UP.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lcamargo View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lcamargo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken Hinge? Customer Service Keeps HANGING UP.
    Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 12:04pm
I can't believe this. I purchased the Tracer Back to School Special (if anyone has a copy of the manual or any knowledge on repairs PLEASE send them my way) and one of the hinges popped off on the right side this morning. I tried popping it back into place, but I guess its broken. I can't move the screen backwards or forwards or the hinge pushes the screen cover off. The laptop is only 3 years old and it's already breaking? A friend of mine called the company to ask about the ribbon cables when he wanted to open the laptop for cleaning but they were unable to help him. Hanging up on a customer though is really ridiculous. When I try and click on the link to see the model for my laptop the page is unavailable so I'm REALLY relying on this forum for some help because the company doesn't seem to care.

I tried calling customer service to ask for more information on part replacements and was hung up on several times. The first time the male customer service rep answered I told him about my problem then waited a bit and hung up on me. What the hell Cyberpower?! On this forum I read that Cyberpower rebrands msi laptops; does anyone know if they did this for the Back to School Tracer 15 laptop? What kind of hinge could I use to replace the broken one? Any instructions, videos, information would be highly appreciated because I can't get help from Cyberpower.

Mageman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mageman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 1:23pm
Eh..... 3yrs old time for a new one Smile......  sorry can't seriously help you not a laptop person.... only one I ever had was from back in like 2005 and really never used it...
Come join Riders of the Rebellion!!
Lcamargo View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lcamargo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 2:35pm
I can't just drop money for a new laptop so soon. If you don't know much about laptops why would you even reply to a topic about fixing one? It's not very helpful, but thank you for at least bumping the topic.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 4:58am
That really sucks.

CP Management really needs to slap some employees around. They are in serious need of learning how to treat customers. This is nothing new. They would be top dogs in the market if they ever learn how.

Yes they re-brand laptops. I think they have a builder in China they purchase from. Big problem is they seem to have more of a custom case that doesn't match anything else seen on the market. One reason you won't find anyone on the message board suggesting them. We will answer questions but not suggest.

I have seen one 4 or so years old where MOBO info can't be found. I really am not sure if it was another 3 year old Lap Top you could actually do better. Designs change so often.

Put in a direct E-mail to support or PM CyberHD. Include your customer number so they can track it.

Copy & Paste, 400 pages of parts. >>>> https://www.amazon.com/Laptop-Computer-Replacement-Parts/b?ie=UTF8&node=6795229011

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-replacement-laptop-shell.html  

You can also search Laptop shells.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:05am
If you require any help please let me know. Just DM me and I will answer your question. I apologize for your experience and hope to rectify the issue.
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.

Email:[email protected]

Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic