FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Screen of Death

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matchstckgmr View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matchstckgmr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Screen of Death
    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 9:18pm
Hi new to the forums anyways I guess let me get to my issue. I have as of late out of nowhere been getting a Blue Screen of Death the Stop Code is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it says that Wdf01000.sys is what failed. I have done a simple google search and what I have learned is that the stop code I got means its something related to drivers as for the what failed its apparently related to Windows Driver Framework. I have looked up some "fixes" to help but most are enter these lines in command prompt which none fixed it by the way. I tried doing a virus scan and got nothing I used Malwarebytes for those wondering. It found nothing and windows is fully up to date as are all my drivers. So I have no clue why this is happening or what caused it at first it just sorta happened while I was playing a game I did a update and tried to do some cleaning up plus the steps I mentioned above to fix it. At first I thought that solved it however it now only at present as I type this seems to happen when I try to use disk cleanup it will scan but once it done scanning it brings up the screen for you to check boxes then clean but the computer blue screens every time with the same Stop Code sometimes what failed is different. I don't remember what other things have failed but I can cause the blue screen a few times if needed to see if its always the same what failed every time or if its different ones every time but they are always the same different ones at random. I thank everyone for the help in advance and hope I can get this issue fixed.

Specs
Windows 10 64 bit
AMD FX 6300 Six Core Processor(I don't think its over clocked I have not messed with it)
8GB of RAM
AMD Radeon RX 560 Series
(thats most of what I know off the top of my head if more info is needed with proper instruction I can look it up.)  
jmcging View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmcging Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:12pm
I have found the free utility "Whocrashed" helpful in identifying the culprit. My last 2 were actually caused by Malwarebytes, and updating it fixed things.  But the utility was helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic