FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asus Blu-ray Player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wulf5150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wulf5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asus Blu-ray Player
    Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 6:45am

Ordered a new PC from Cyberpower, it came with a ASUS BC-08B1LT 8X Blu-Ray player/DVD burnner, and piece of cardboard box with Serial number on it(I'd imagine CyberpowerPC got it from Asus as a bundle, not a bulk), and Cyberlink Power2Go burnning program, but without a Blu-Ray/DVD playback program. I conntacted CyberPowerPC tech support, they told me it doesn't come with a playback program, then I conntacted ASUS, they told me if it's a bundle, it should come with E-Green Cyberlink PowerDVD with TTHD Cyberlink Power2Go Cyberlink InstantBurn Cyberlink PowerBackup. I think it's kind of funny when you paying for a Blu-Ray optical drive without a playback program. Wondering if anyone else have the same problem? Guess I'll have to spend another $60-100 to get my Blu-Ray to play movies.

markymarkmen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markymarkmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 9:46am
I have the same problem.  Guess you haven't got much of a response from them?  I sent an email to tech support.  I'm not spending the money.  If ASUS is saying it should come with PowerDVD that plays Blue Rays then it should.  Did you tell ASUS that you weren't provided with the player?

I received this response:

Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 2:25 PM
To:Subject: RE: recent purchase from Cyberpower

Disc burning and movie playback software is not included with the drive. This software must be purchased separately.

--
Tech Support
CyberPower Inc.
888/900-5180

They also took away the ability to post to this thread :(

Edited by markymarkmen - 08 Mar 2011 at 12:10pm
jaytee100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaytee100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 8:05pm
Isn't that stuff a free download anyway??
Cyber_Tech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 2:10pm
Jaytee100,

Please understand that the items are drive only. Only in "Retail" packages you may receive bundle softwar for free.
Regards Cyber_tech
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
bill-e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill-e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:52pm
Actually you won't find $50 players or $99 burners with software anywhere that I could find.  Retail players and burners are about 50 bux more than the OEM versions.

Intel i7-950 @3.06 GHz
Asus P6X58D-E
Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling
12 GB (6) DDR3/1600MHz HyperX
EVGA GTX460SC x2 SLI
Adata 64g, Kingston 30g SSD
1.5g HD
Win7 Ultimate x64
TT Toughpower 775
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic