Order online or Call (800)707-0393
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

ASRock B550AM Gaming Motherboard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
piranha View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 3:02pm
Hi,

I am using the B550AM gaming MB, with the 4600BST cyberpower package bought at Best Buy and I was wondering if there's a way to restore the computer back to factory default settings from when I purchased it?  Is there an installer or some sort of repository somewhere that shows all the applications that came with the computer and what not?  I have seen the drivers links attached to this post, but i haven't seen anything about restoring the computer back to factory and all the applications that came with the computer as well.  Thanks for your time.

piranha View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 3:08pm
I'm also curious if there's any new bios update after 1.40, as on the ASRock website they seem to be using 1.60 for various B550 boards.  I still see the latest as 1.40 on the link you have posted on this thread.  How often is that folder updated with the latest BIOS information ?  Just wanted to see if there was an update.  Thanks!
ceompatel View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceompatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 2:33pm
Does this motherboard support the new ryzen 5000 series CPUs. If so how can you share bios update please.
LexiDonovan View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexiDonovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 4:24am
Hi! It's interesting intro
rediornot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rediornot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 6:05pm
If it worked with the 1st and 2nd gen it will work with this one. That was AMDs promise so if you want to upgrade to this gen you will not have to upgrade mobo like you would have to with Intel.
Eluna242 case,ASUS 570x wifi,73700x,16gb 4x3000ram,gigabyte rtx2070.240 AIO push/pull led fans 1600w Lepa psu, AOC 27cqg1 144hz 1440p,WD480ssd/2x1tb M.2.F@H team 142900 come fold with us
dwarburton View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwarburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 1:58pm
UPDATE: AsrPolychromeRGBSetup(v1.0.65).exe does NOT include support for B550AM motherboard. I had to go to https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450Mac%20R2.0/index.asp#Download and get version ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:1.0.78. Anything above this version will not work for the B550AM.

Prior to install, I had to FULLY remove Asrock Polychrome which included uninstalling and then in SAFE MODE deleting the leftover detector and bin files (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility). I then reinstalled 1.0.78 and restart the computer again. Polychrome Sync must be run as an administrator. If you're having it auto-start then you'll want to change this in the properties so it is always run as administrator.

It still doesn't detect my new RGB DRAM so I'm still searching for the solution to that problem, but everything I've read suggests Asrock Polychrome is garbage and supports hardly any components.

Edited by dwarburton - 10 Jan 2021 at 3:21pm
Skyloafer View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyloafer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:37am
Hello,

Can you confirm that the links for the bios and drivers still work? I can't access it and i need to update my B550AM bios and drivers
deggial View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deggial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 2:31pm
The links do work ... you just have to remove the https:// part from them
sarahjones245 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahjones245 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 10:32pm
Thanks for sharing this method!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic