FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Advice on Cooling Fans and Case Fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GaryVinson View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryVinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on Cooling Fans and Case Fans
    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 1:53am
Hello,
I am interested in advice concerning the case fans and cooling fans for this system. For example, how many fans and what type? Staying with the CPU and GPU, is there any advice concerning the selected PCIe NVMe M.2 FireCuda 1TB? I was told that no Intel CPUs or corresponding Motherboards would run this FireCuda on its Gen4 speeds. Also any other suggestions would be welcome as well, except we are pretty sold on the CPU and GPU. Thanks in advance. 

• *BASE_PRICE: [+1795]
  • CABLE: None
  • CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
  • CARE2: CPU Thermal Compound - Our Cooler Master MASTERGEL High Performance Thermal Compound can improve cooling performance as well as prolong the life of your CPU. [+10]
  • CAS: LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic XL Full-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered glass on the front & side [+92] (Black Color)
  • CC: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel� Core� Processor i9-10900K 10/20 3.70GHz [Turbo 5.2GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1200 [+164]
  • CS_FAN: 6X 120mm Phanteks SK120 Digital RGB PWM FAN - high airflow nine-blade 500-1500 RPM Radiator Fans [+54]
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • FAN: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360mm Premium Edition Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+159] (3 x Thermaltake Riing RGB 120MM Fans)
  • FREEBIE_VC1: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War [+0]
  • FREEBIE_VC2: 1-Year GeForce Now Founders Membership [+0]
  • HDD: 1TB Seagate� FireCuda� 520 (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 5000/4400 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 760/700k [+156] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: 500GB WD Blue SSD + 3TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+176] (Combo Drive)
  • HEADSET: None
  • INSTANTREBATE: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
  • KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
  • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+180] (Corsair Vengeance RGB [+90])
  • MICROPHONE: None
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z490 Taichi ATX, ARGB, Dual LAN 1GbE/2.5GbE , 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 (Key E) 3M.2 SATA/PCIe [+244]
  • MOUSE: CyberPowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: Ultimate OC (Ultimate Overclock 30% or more) [+99]
  • POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Corsair RMx RM1000X 80 PLUS Gold certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+93]
  • PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring + [Red] Phanteks Premium Extension Cables sleeved set [24Pin MB + 8Pin CPU + 6+2 Pin VGA] [+39]
  • RECOVERYUSB1: Windows 10 Recovery USB [+9]
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: Guaranteed Delivery Before Christmas or Earlier.
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • TUNING: Intel� Core� Processor i9-10900K Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel (One Year) [+19]
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: GeForce RTX� 3080 10GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] [+384] (Single Card)
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
  • _PRICE: (+3782)

Edited by GaryVinson - 21 Nov 2020 at 9:53pm
Mageman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mageman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:13pm
I am not a fan of ASROCK items(MOBO)
you also have a whole lot of overkill in my eyes but it is your $ Smile and use code spring0410 to save 5%
Come join Riders of the Rebellion!!
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 7:48pm
 "I am interested in advice concerning the case fans and cooling fans for this system. For example, how many Hans and what type?"

How many fans? As many as the case will hold is how many. Can't stress that enough in a gaming rig. That is one of the key areas where people mess up. Those case fans make a world of difference. Just make sure they are quality fans. That Firecuda is ranked as the 3rd or 4th fastest drive on the planet right now off the top of my head. But of course not with that Intel board. You're wasting the speed capabilities of a good drive that way. And why would you go with a 10900k anyway when even a Ryzen 5 5600k beats it in single core and gaming performance? In fact, an 8 core 5800k crushes that 10 core Intel 10900K in both single core and multi-core performance.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryVinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 9:50pm
Notanymore,

Thank you for that advice and response. I watched several videos about how to get the best fans in this Lian Li case but I donít see how to buy different kinds of fans in the selection process.  I see cooling fans and radiator fans.  This case is ideal with 10 fans total but of different types. Maybe Iím stupid but I canít see how to even select 10 fans of different types. 

Iíve sent CyberPowerPC two emails to their sales department but no response. Iím wanting 2 similar builds but they donít seem interested in my $7500. I called once to sales support and spoke to someone who would not give me an opinion on anything I asked about and just quoted a neutral script it seemed. 

What is the fastest NVMe M.2 drive you would recommend that would work with the Intel board? Iím willing to consider AMD Ryzen. Will any Ryzen run the FireCuda?  Thanks again. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 7:16am
 "I�ve sent CyberPowerPC two emails to their sales department but no response"

And that is precisely how things go wrong. Not answering emails. Why even have email if you're not going to answer it and assure the customer? No excuse for that. You have all these nice different ways of conducting efficient communication and no one is using them leading to getting things wrong in a build. Communication is a pet peeve of mine. You'll find with CP you'll just have to do it the old fashion way and pick up the phone and call as the only way you'll get somebody. Now you've got to waste 30-60 minutes on hold on the phone when you should be able to just send and email and go do something else with your valuable time. The NOTES section in the CP customizer software has not worked in years. Why hasn't it worked in years? Simply fix that and that also goes a long way in eliminating problems by way of effective communication. You should be able to just use the NOTES to specify you want 30 fans or whatever since there is no other option to specify that in the customizer (there really should be). Right now you're limited to choosing just a 3 pack of fans in the customizer. In what decade are we in?? No customer who knows what they are doing is going to have a custom gaming rig built with just 3 fans. You got a rig that you put over a $1000 in and you're now going to eventually destroy it by having just 3 fans?? CP should know this. That's ridiculous so you go to the NOTES and specify you want 6 fans instead of 3 except the NOTES doesn't work and has not for years. Why is that? A simple reply stating GOT IT in response to emails from the buyer is all that is needed. I don't need you to say anything else other than a GOT IT. I know you heard me then. But to not reply at all is quite annoying I feel you on that. You could even use a simple text message to say WRONG PSU or wrong this or that and problem solved. Effective communication will eliminate 90% of problems. You don't want to go with different kinds of fans simply because there is no industry standard. Everybody has there own proprietary stuff. Some use 3 pin or 4 pin and others 5 pin. Some use hubs and some use headers. Some use remote control others software. There are addressable headers and non addressable headers. Use different types of fans and you're creating a mess. No self respecting builder would build that anyway...LOL! Then there is the aesthetics it would never look right. Pick a single type fan and put in as many as possible.

Edited by Notanymore - 22 Nov 2020 at 7:20am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 7:49am

"What is the fastest NVMe M.2 drive you would recommend that would work with the Intel board?"

I would go with the Corsair MP510 in that case. Here are some benchmarks to see just how fast that Gen4 Firecuda is:

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9254/seagate-firecuda-520-1tb-nvme-pcie-gen4-2-ssd-review/index.html#Final-Thoughts

Beats the Intel Optane 905P 1TB at $1,400 in most benchmarks.

"Iím willing to consider AMD Ryzen. Will any Ryzen run the FireCuda?"

All of the Ryzen 3000-series cpus and up utilizes PCIe Gen 4.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryVinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:30pm
Notanymore,

Thanks again for the response. Really appreciated. Working on 2 AMD Ryzen builds now. Researched online and watched YouTube and convinced Intel is behind at the moment. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 2:02pm
 "and convinced Intel is behind at the moment"

Yeah they are. It's like watching 2 fighters in the ring. One is bloodied (Intel) and battered with only the ropes holding him up and the ref won't stop the fight while the crowd is yelling to stop the fight. Women in the stands crying...LOL! That' the image I get.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic