Go to CyberPowerPC Home, Cyberpower - Unleash The Power

Live Help
Need Help? We're here for you.
Order online or Call (800)707-0393
Live chat with a representative
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Advice and input for upgrades and potential issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice and input for upgrades and potential issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brinneman20 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brinneman20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice and input for upgrades and potential issues
    Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:35am
BLKFRISALE1: CyberpowerPC Elite M1 131 RGB 7-Color w/ 9 Button, adjustable Weight & lighting effects Gaming Mouse [+5]
BLKFRISALE2: GIGABYTE FORCE K83 Cherry MX Mechanical Key Switch Gaming Keyboard [+5] (Cherry MX RED)
BLKFRISALE3: CyberpowerPC Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]
BLKFRISALE4: 6-FT HDMI Flat Cable, V1.4, Supports 3D & 4K Resolution, Gold Plated Connector Cable [+5] (1 piece)
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CAS: Phanteks Eclipse P300 ATX Mini-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, RGB 10 Color LED & Tempered Glass Window [+13]
CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller
CC: None
CD: None
CD2: None
COOLANT: None
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i7-8086K Limited Edition 4.00GHz [Turbo 5.0GHz] 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Case Fans for your selected case [+9]
ENGRAVING: None
EVGA_POWER: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: CyberpowerPC Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler (Dual (Push-Pull) Standard 120MM Fans [+5])
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_HD: None
FREEBIE_MN: None
FREEBIE_WAP: None
HDD: 240GB WD Green SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
INSTANTREBATE: $50 Instant Rebate on all Intel Desktops and Laptops [-50]
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC RGB 7 Color Premium Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
MICROPHONE: None
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME Z370-P ATX w/ USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]
MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
PRO_WIRING: None
PROJECTOR: None
RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days
SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: Creative Inspire T3300 2.1 Speakers System [+49]
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: GeForce(R) GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)
VIVE_HEADSET: None
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
WNC: None
WTV: None
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:40am
Get a Brand name PSU, NEVER a std.

You have 2 kybds. Add the ship warranty. Cable cheaper at NewEgg.

Use code Spring0410 for 5% off.  Bases that don't list free shipping are $75 US.

Not sure if you wanna chk that those speakers may cost less elsewhere - not familiar w/ those. All else looks OK.

If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
ssskelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:20pm
Corsair TX series and Thermaltake Toughpower Grand are some of the best power supply models, so I'd recommend one of them.

On the HDD, I think you can get a much better value, but it depends on what you want to spend. The 240GB WD Green SSD + 2TB HDD doesn't appear to have any special promo, so we definitely want to get away from it. I'll outline two potentials:

A) Lowest cost   Primary Drive - 240GB SSD WD Green,  Secondary Drive - 2TB HDD with 32GB Optane Acceleration - This will give you the same drives plus the Optane to help accelerate, and it'll cost you $23 less than current config.

B) Better value   Primary drive - 480GB SSD from ADATA,  Secondary Drive - 2TB HDD with 32GB Optane Acceleration - This gives you twice the high performing capacity, but will increase your current config by $16.

I'd really recommend the option B for your best experience, but if you want to hold the line aggressively on cost do option A.

For the video card, there's a great promotion on the ASUS GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Turbo 8GB GDDR5. For $50 less that card will give you very, very similar performance to a standard 1080. This is especially true if you aren't going above 1440p.

Finally, those speakers aren't going to be particularly good. Price is fair in the market. Just want to make sure you've looked into them so you know what you're getting.
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:41am
Meh, I think you pay more just for the Thermaltake name. EVGA! EVGA! EVGA!
:D

ssskelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:00am
EVGA sells some very nice PSUs. However, the GQ line that they sell here has a tough place in the market. Let's take the 850W spot, for example, it's about 30% more than the Toughpower, and there's definitely not the performance to validate that. In truth they seem to be lined up against the Corsair RM series, which the GQ's simply aren't that good, nor do they have the warranty to match (5 years).

So please don't think I'm down on EVGA products, I really like the company. I just don't like what I've seen from GQ PSU pricing.
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:11am
I'm just messing. I'm an EVGA fanboi. :D
I like Asus a lot too.

TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:27am
There's a NewEgg sale ending today for an EVGA Gold Full-Mod 850W, $80 + shipping, no rebates to mess with. A weeklong sale came up today, Corsair RMx850, $100, and SeaSonic 1000W for $105, both Gold, Full-Mod, w/ free shipping. And Corsair TX650M, Gold, Semi-mod, $40 + shipping! All 3 of those require rebates. Wow! on that last one!?

I always hold on to the decent brand PSU deals, usually 650-850W up to $100 or so, to post in case someone's order was shipped or already received, and they didn't ask 1st here and ordered a std. That's assuming they can put a new 1 in or get someone to do it.  Wink  That 650 might make a nice spare.

Edited by TECHLORD - 12 Jul 2018 at 8:31am
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic