FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A lot of documents I store on my computer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jessmacdonald View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessmacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A lot of documents I store on my computer
    Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 3:07am
Most of them are word documents. I'm novice writer. I'm trying to write. Two days ago I finished my first "masterpiece". I didn't make a backup copy. Only today I've understood that I was wrong. My .doc file represented me following..."First.doc" file cannot be opened. I efforted to repair .doc via Open&Repair, but it could bring only five pages back, the rest are remained inaccessible to me. I use MS Word 2003 on Windows 7 x32.
Ormckay View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ormckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 8:56pm

When you restart a Microsoft Office program after a power failure or similar problem, the program automatically opens any recovered files. If for some reason the recovery file didn't open, you can open it yourself.

More than following steps there are some effective ways to handle your trouble by…

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/316951/how-to-recover-a-lost-word-document

https://download.cnet.com/Recuva/3000-2242_4-10753287.html

https://onlinefile.repair/en/word.html

1. On the Standard toolbar, click Open.

2. On the Show pop-up menu, click All Documents.

3. Locate the folder that contains your recovery files.

Each recovery file is named "AutoRecover save of file name."

4. Open the recovery file.

5. Click Save.

6. In the Save As box, enter the name of the existing document.

7. When you see a message asking whether you want to replace the existing document, click Yes.

Any recovery files that haven't been saved are deleted when you quit WordTips

• If you can't open the recovery file, you can try to recover the text from the damaged file.

• To find out or change where your recovery files are stored, click Preferences on the Word menu, and then click File Locations.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic